Suddenly lost control - anyone have any ideas why?

Reaction score
I had a crash earlier into a tree. The unit didn't drop - just hung there and I was able to bring it down by hand.

Afterwards I was getting some odd flashes on the LED (green and yellow) so I did a compass calibration and an advanced IMU calculation. Each time I did the IMU calculation it told me the unit was too warm and I should do it again, even after I had let it sit for an hour.

Then I was flying and everything was working normally until, all of a sudden, it seemed to get confused. Pushing forward on the stick caused it to go partially sideways and none of the controls worked normally anymore. It was almost as though I had switched into course lock mode, which I had not. Net result - I couldn't get it to fly right and crashed into a bush.

After taking the battery out and starting all over again it has been behaving normally again - other than some drifting that was evident since the tree incident this morning.

Anyone have any ideas on why it would suddenly begin to behave like that? I'm worried now that it will do it again when I am far away or over water. :shock:

houldsworth1 said:
Each time I did the IMU calculation it told me the unit was too warm and I should do it again, even after I had let it sit for an hour.
This just came up in another active thread - The "too warm" message is always output. Just ignore the message and advanced calibration should complete within 10 minutes.

shadowband said:
houldsworth1 said:
Each time I did the IMU calculation it told me the unit was too warm and I should do it again, even after I had let it sit for an hour.
This just came up in another active thread - The "too warm" message is always output. Just ignore the message and advanced calibration should complete within 10 minutes.

Thanks for that. The calibration did seem to continue and finish.

I took it for another flight and it seemed a little better even though it much longer than normal to get a GPS lock. Oddly (or maybe not) it seemed to get better when I had it gain some altitude. Since I was flying in my back yard I am assuming that at least part of the problem was the house/trees interfering with the GPS signals.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik