Sudden RTH/Bent Gimbal

Reaction score
So, finally took the plunge and got a P3 Pro. Used it a bunch this weekend, keeping the battery level above 50% to be cautious. After having landed, i decided to keep it low and film along the driveway to get the fall foliage. All was good until the P3 suddenly shot up and unfortunately at that point it was under a tree branch; it came down and now has a slightly bent gimbal arm.

From what I can tell, it looks like a low battery warning was triggered when the battery was down to 35%; it then must have triggered a return to home and climbed to get altitude. (i looked at the logs at healthy drones.com). So flying under trees was not a good idea, i just was not expecting a RTH when I was not far from the home point (maybe 400 feet) and had (relatively) a lot of battery left. From the manual, it seems like there is a 10 second warning before RTH - but I didn't get that. Is there something I should have done differently (other than maybe never flying below an overhang with potentially low battery)

Also, for the bent gimbal arm, the good news is that if I do an autocalibrate, the camera is level, but it needs to be done each time before flight. Is there a way to lock this in so i don't need to do it every time?

Thanks! (sorry if these have been answered elsewhere; I did a search . . . ).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl