Sudden No Image Transmission problem

Reaction score
My P3A has been with me for about a year now. Never gave me any major issues except for today. When I booted it up with DJI GO version 2.8.2, I gota black screen with a "no image transmission" message on top but telemetry was showing, which was puzzling. Last I flew my P3A was on May 21st on DJI GO 2.8.1 without issues, live feed was there, and everything was perfect. My P3A is on firmware 1.4. Initially thought the root of the problem was with the 2.8.2 version of the app, but even after i downgraded back to 2.8.1 and booted it up, the No Image Transmission is still there. Tried different lightning cables, switched between an iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, 6S and all i get is the same **** black screen. What the hell is going on here?

I've never crashed, and never had any rough or hard landings either. Is this purely a hardware problem?

EDIT: when i flew today even without the live video feed, the gimbal tilt still works as per normal. I could even take pictures still! However, pressing the media player button on the transmitter gives me an eternal black loading screen. Went back home to upload the content taken and yeah, the pictures are there. My blind guess is that probably one of the antennas on the bird that is responsible for sending the video signal is dead?

Last edited:
deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times on different devices. still no image transmission. i'm really confused here. looks like some component decided to die on me at this point of time?

okay case closed. the update to the DJI GO app version 2.8.2 had something against older firmware on my P3A since I was still on FW 1.4 and decided to kill my image transmission permanently given that I tested it on various devices even running on GO 2.8.1 and the same issue persists. Remind me never to be a fool again with DJI's rushed buggy updates that could potentially brick your quad. unless you like to be a beta tester.

Resolved it a couple of days ago with a FW update to the latest version (1.8 I think?)

P3A back to its spanking self again :)

I have the same issue. I need to update my drone but it is not recognising the update. Any ideas??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik