Sudden Inversion during flight!

CameraGuy said:
Do you have the GoPro WiFi on?
Darren

Hi Darren,

No, I did not even have the camera mounted in the initial crash. In this mornings run where the rotor wouldn't spin, I had the camera mounted but WiFi off.

Sounds like what may have caused your crash but it could also be a result of crash damage, by the sound of it it seems like maybe a broken wire or bad solder on one of the ESC's. It could also be a faulty ESC or even NAZA as motors should never stop unless they all do, you should contact DJI or your place of purchase as I wouldn't fly a phantom that has a habit of shutting down motors mid flight.

martcerv said:
Sounds like what may have caused your crash but it could also be a result of crash damage, by the sound of it it seems like maybe a broken wire or bad solder on one of the ESC's. It could also be a faulty ESC or even NAZA as motors should never stop unless they all do, you should contact DJI or your place of purchase as I wouldn't fly a phantom that has a habit of shutting down motors mid flight.

Yep I dropped it off at the hobby shop for further diagnosis. They have extra motors, but no extra ESC's in stock. Hopefully they can isolate it to one of the two by wiring up the faulty arm's ESC to a different motor.

Normally I would say the failure was a result of the crash EXCEPT for the fact that last night it was working fine post-crash. One rotor stopping mid-hover is also a great explanation for the sudden flip over. I just hope this can be resolved quickly so I can get back to flying!!

Quick update:

Appears to be a faulty ESC on arm 4. Tried:

1) Connect external motor to ESC-4 -- same problem with motor not spinning properly
2) Connect external ESC to motor-4 -- motor spins fine
3) Swapped plug-4 on Naza with plug-3 -- motor spins fine

So the Motor and NAZA are both fine, but the ESC seems to be faulty. Ordering a new one on the weekend and hopefully will be back up and flying early next week. Very frustrating waiting on the sidelines...

In the meantime, making my shopping list for the FPV, Gimbal, extra batteries, better charger, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers