Sudden height increase! What's going on?

I assume you're referring to Vision Positioning System?
Yes.

So why the difference between the P3's & the P4?
The difference is you cannot turn it off in DJI GO when flying a Phantom 4. I'm not sure why DJI removed the option. It seems like it turned out to be just fine though. I don't recall seeing anyone complain about issues when flying over water.

FYI, VPS is only effective when the Phantom is flying at altitudes between 0.3 and 10 meters. So, just keep above 10 meters when flying above water and all should be just fine.

There was a recent thread about a guy covering the down facing cameras with back tape to prevent uncontrolled ascend behavior while close to the water. He claims it works. This seems odd because the sonar controls elevation, and down facing cameras control horizontal stability, yet covering the cameras apparently fixes the uncontrollable ascend when close to water. Go figure.

Ok, so i tested it after vps and imu calibration.
Flew low and high, short and far, p en s mode, and tryed a bunch of manouvres and modes....(and RTH low, mid and high)
The result is that after the calibrations it works almost perfect again!
I say almost, cause now it takes more time to warm the craft up and the gimbal is moving till its ready to fly, and when im getting it to land (even in p mode) the drone wobbles a little (never seen it before) so even if i think it was good, i think its wise do calibrate vps again.
Maybe it wasn't so perfectly done[emoji6]

After work i will still try to find the time to upload the data of the scary flight, cause i still really would like to now what happend and if it can happen again due to problems with my bird or something.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you level the drone when doing imu calibration?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

How did you level the drone when doing imu calibration?
This helps
level-1.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl