Sudden gusts during flight

Reaction score
Impeccable weather conditions at takeoff.

In mid-mission (waypoints mode) the wind suddenly begins to blow with great intensity.

I was stuck... I did not know what to do... abort the mission and resume manual control was a risk because the P4 was located at a distance... going on was a risk...

Fortunately the gusts were limited and the mission was completed (successfully) without problems... but now, with the drone to the ground, I wonder what is the correct procedure in these cases? What if it happens again?

Happens to me during free flying and litchi missions. I only fly with the battery at 100% and my missions are typically between 10-12 mins leaving me with plenty of wriggle room. I listen to the app talking me through the mission and check on things like speed, altitude etc and they are usually pretty good indicators of what is going on during the flight. Even on calm days I either check my UAV forecast to get an idea of what the conditions are during the day, or simply fly up, switch to ATTI mode and look for any severe drifting. The thing is to remain calm and if your settings are fine and you have enough battery life, it will all be good.

My flights last approximately 20 minutes (I land usually with 25% of the battery)

The first concern I had was that the wind did not allow the battery to last until landing.

But there was another concern... if the wind is too strong the Phantom may not be able to resist with its engines... this can happen especially in the presence of mountains against which the wind bounces and it can creates depressive vortices...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik