Successful Zenmuse+GoPro installation on Vision

Nice proof of concept, but I'm not sure as to WHY? No tilt. No remote camera shooting controls. No FPV. No telemetry. No radar view. And in a couple of weeks no autonomous waypoints/ground station.

I guess if you already had a Zenmuse lying around, and a GoPro... but then if you did, why buy a Vision in the first place?!

Pull_Up said:
Nice proof of concept, but I'm not sure as to WHY? No tilt. No remote camera shooting controls. No FPV. No telemetry. No radar view. And in a couple of weeks no autonomous waypoints/ground station.

I guess if you already had a Zenmuse lying around, and a GoPro... but then if you did, why buy a Vision in the first place?!

You make good points for sure. I have my P2V now, and I'd love to swap out with a zenmuse + gopro for smooth video when I wanted it. For photos, the P2V camera + fpv and app is still the best. So, it looks like it is possible to control the tilt.. Take a look at the second video that I posted above.... although he is using an upgraded transmitter to do it...

And yes, the dronexperts gimbal looks great, allowing you to still maintain FPV and camera control using the DJI App... But the price is just way too much. Perhaps they will have to reduce the price since you can just spend an extra $300 and get an P2 with pre-installed gimbal. Regardless, at this point theres just not enough sample footage out there to judge how good the gimbal is anyways. The video they posted of it shooting pine trees while hovering stationary in windy conditions looked pretty darn good, but not a single moving shot in the video? I need to see a lot more.

hulihee said:
It looks to me like somebody was able to get the zenmuse gimbal to work on the vision... Hopefully he'll respond to some of the comments on his video with details...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nDqUNQToPY

Is there a way to counteract the Phantom Vision's lights from reflecting off the GoPro's Lens. I thought that the video was smooth, (smoother than you get with a stock phantom camera's gimbal) but the reflecting lights was a big distraction.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but I received a PM from a member and I found that I couldn't reply to him because apparently there is a requirement that you participate in discussions before you are allowed to send PMs. So I figured I should post in relevant threads and will start with this one. I put a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal on my Vision. To be able to control tilt I had to add the Naza PMUv2 so that I could install the gimbal control board and then I added a Spektrum TX/RX control system and assigned tilt to a knob on the DX8 radio.

Admittedly, this hack seems a bit pointless with the new Phantom 2 that is optimized for the Zenmuse. However, I did this before the P2 was available and the Vision camera system was unacceptable to me because: 1) lack of stabilized video; 2) inability to tilt the camera a full 90 degrees in a fluid motion.

So, for me, the hack was totally worthwhile. I get a solid 15 minutes flight time with 20% battery left. Here's a short clip I shot yesterday orbiting a statue on Treasure Island: https://vimeo.com/81907088

urgno said:
if only this gimbal was cheaper :roll:
http://www.dronexpert.nl/dji-vision-gimbal/

This is the gimbal DJI should have put on the Phantom Vision in the first place. Now, they want to snag another $575 US from customers to upgrade the PV to what it should have been in the first place. What a jewel of a company. Given the components used (board and all) I just don't see how any brushless gimbal for gopro sized cameras can possibly be worth $500 US. Even if Carbon fiber is used for the frame.

Sidewinder said:
urgno said:
if only this gimbal was cheaper :roll:
http://www.dronexpert.nl/dji-vision-gimbal/

This is the gimbal DJI should have put on the Phantom Vision in the first place. Now, they want to snag another $575 US from customers to upgrade the PV to what it should have been in the first place. What a jewel of a company. Given the components used (board and all) I just don't see how any brushless gimbal for gopro sized cameras can possibly be worth $500 US. Even if Carbon fiber is used for the frame.

Ditto
I never understood why they did not go with a gimbal in the Vision in the first place. Heck, if your going to make a factory camera for it throw a gimbal on also!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20