Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Successful trip with the p3q to Maui (video)

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by moswissa, Nov 6, 2015.

1. moswissa

Hello guys, just got back from Hawaii, I visited Maui for the first time. It was an amazing trip, of course I couldn't go without my phantom 3! Had no issues taking it through the airport from LA as a carry on.

I flew it in many places and captured some amazing footage, for some reason I was paranoid about flying in an area I'm not used to but I had absolutely no issues at all! I brought my windsurfer along and the range felt unlimited. I even tried flying to molokini crater which was 7 miles away. I got 4 miles out but got scared and turned back. I had full bars and full battery but chickened out.

Here is my video

I know all you Hawaii people are like "cool story bro" but for an LA guy I was amazed by the island.

Please give me some feedback thanks

2. snerd

Nicely done. Was that a geyser in the one clip?

3. Dusty

Really beautiful video.. paradise indeed… I will say on your editing, I would have used the blow hole in the opening shot because it is so unique and attention getting. Then transition to a beach long shot with the lady. On you first cut, your reversed her direction… Remember when shooting a parade always stay on the same side of the street so the bands and the floats travel the same direction. Beautiful video…

4. 2nd2non

I really like the shot of the spout from the northwest side of Maui- I presume. I filmed one in Kauai using Autopilot app and it was cool to navigate low and close. Will try to get it posted this weekend

5. Cerone

I really wanted to watch this but the constant gimbal movement and video transitions ruined it for me... next time go for nice smooth shots and lose the blurred transitions.

B- Scene Films likes this.
  6. moswissa

Yeah I got annoyed at the gimbal movements; I didn't think it was that bad when flying it. I must get used to that gimbal wheel, it's very sensitive. Thanks for the feedback. I'll do better next time

B- Scene Films likes this.
  7. len750

How did you pack your Phantom? Pelican case? DJI case?

8. moswissa

soft waterproof case and that was my carry-on