Stuttering/Jittery video after crash/repair

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently crashed my Phantom3 Standard. The gimbal plate and cable were damaged but I've replaced them. Now when I fly the video is jittery, also, when the drone descends quickly it's almost like it loses stabilization and "wiggles" a bit.

Here's a link to the video - it really only does it when the drone is hovering.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Did you do any calibrations?
Compass?
Imu?
Gimbal?

Added:
Just looked at the video,
Motor or Prop Problem?

I did the calibrations - the props are new, so I was thinking motor. Any way to be sure or identify which one it may be?

So must be a motor, I haven't got ideas yet, from the video you should be able feel it, are they DJI props?

What do you mean by "I should be able to feel it?". I've got 2 motors on order (1CW and 1CCW) but since I have to solder them in I'm hoping to replace the correct one first try :)

PM From Bogiewon
"And actually the more I look at it it's not just stuttery video - changing altitude it the drone looks stuttery, the landing gear drifting side to side quite a bit. I tried to capture it on video but it didn't come thru well. I don't know too much about drones as this is my first one and repair, bit it seems like it would either be a motor or sensor perhaps?"

I am surprised nobody is helping you out yet.

I don't think it is a sensor, but have never done any of this kind of stuff. I have trouble inserting the SD card.:)

Rod

I think the gimbal was damaged in the crash and you should replace it
Here he says he actually see the Phantom shaking, the gimbal would be correcting the camera not the Phantom.
"And actually the more I look at it it's not just stuttery video - changing altitude it the drone looks stuttery, the landing gear drifting side to side quite a bit."

Mine had a jitter like that but only at times . I replaced the dampeners and it stopped .
I think the gimbal was damaged in the crash and you should replace it
We try to work things out here before we replace anything .

Mine had a jitter like that but only at times . I replaced the dampeners and it stopped .

We try to work things out here before we replace anything .
Thanks, for a new thought, dampeners? It now seems like he sees the whole bird jumping around.
When I watched the video, my impression was when a cars tires are bad or out of balance, rides smooth for little bit then rough, feeling the vibration in the whole vehicle, It just keeps repeating that same sequence, you could actually time it.
I wish I had his bird, I think you could feel it come and go.
@Bogiewon, If you haven't changed the dampeners, that's on your to do list.;)

Thanks, for a new thought, dampeners? It now seems like he sees the whole bird jumping around.
When I watched the video, my impression was when a cars tires are bad or out of balance, rides smooth for little bit then rough, feeling the vibration in the whole vehicle, It just keeps repeating that same sequence, you could actually time it.
I wish I had his bird, I think you could feel it come and go.
@Bogiewon, If you haven't changed the dampeners, that's on your to do list.;)
Well that fixed mine Rod . Mine would have that shake at times on runs going long though.

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl