Stuttering 2.7k video - solution?

Reaction score
So I've been shooting at 2.7k Medium FOV on the GoPro Black 3+ and it's been pretty good at capturing crisp video and keeping the props and landing gear out of the frame.

I have noticed though that at times with fast action shots I get stuttering.

I just read that for 2.7k and 4k video though, you need the faster UHS-1 or greater Micro-SDXC card, not the Class-10 card.

I just popped for one of these guys and I'm hoping it solves my problem:

SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Speed Up To 80Mb/s http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DM1BDPK/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_eH5ytb0NR2B1Z

Anyone had experience with shooting 2.7k on this card? It's 80Mb/s vs the Class 10 10Mbp/s (I think).

In any case I'll update on how it works out.

If you've been using the Sandisk Ultra its rated to 35MB/s write speed whereas the Extreme Plus is rated to 50MB/s write speed (I have the same one but film in 1080p60). The 80MB/s is just the read speed for when you download to the computer, you'll only get that speed from a USB 3.0 port if you're lucky. The GoPro needs a card able to deliver 45MB/s for the higher resolutions and protune which is why users have been having problems with the Ultra; it will work fine for the common resolutions though.

That being said, I also on occasion notice a bit of stutter in the video at times. For me it happens more on windy days and figured it had something to do with the camera being jostled or the zenmuse motions.

Hi, MB/s is a burst data rate (stills) and not a sustained rate. For video you need a sustained rate which is the minimum that the card will offer, that is what the class stands. With Sandisk generally have the same read and write speeds but with the latest release that has changed. That .. If your getting jittering i would assume it will be on your computers end the graphics card not being able to render. The Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s is the fastest card you need for a GoPro black everything else sales staff making bigger sales. Unless you want fast downloads to computer thats the only improvement you will see.

"The GoPro needs a card able to deliver 45MB/s for the higher resolutions and protune which is why users have been having problems with the Ultra; it will work fine for the common resolutions though."

Maths GoPro max rate is 45megabits (not bytes) per second = 5.6 Megabytes class ten is 10Megabytes

Wondershare video program will solve it, I have been using it and it compresses it for a smooth video.
cost about $50

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic