Stupidity

Reaction score
Did you ever want to shoot yourself in the foot? Good thing I don't own a gun! I just replaced the compass in my P3P. First time doing my own repair. Got the Top half of shelf off, replaced the compass, put shell back on. Everything went pretty smooth until I fired up the RC, Go App and aircraft. Got a disconnected notice, rebooted everything and thought to my self what could possibly be wrong. Just then a thought came to me. You guessed it. I forgot to plug in the GPS plug. Well i'll have more experience taking the shell off. Laugh if you want to but I guess worse things could have happened. There, I feel better now that I shared this with my fellow pilots.

We all make mistakes... but some of us will never admit to them.
Important thing is that we make smart mistakes moving forward.
(Smart mistake: One that has not been made before!)
(Dumb mistake: One that has been made over and over again!!)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I did something similar. I replaced my gimbal on my p4, tested it and it worked fine. I flip it over to put the screws back in but it wasn't quite sitting right so I popped it loose from the clips and reset it then replaced the screws. I go to fly it and the apps telling me I have a p3 and I need the goapp not the go4 app. It wouldn't do anything. After cursing at it for a half hour I pulled the gimbal back off and sure enough, the ribbon wire had popped off. It has a clip that is screwed on to hold the two connections in place but I still have a motor to replace so I didn't screw that safety clip back on since I will just have to remove it later. Maybe I should have.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers