Stupid senior moment.

Reaction score
I did something really stupid this afternoon. I was getting my Phantom 3 standard ready for a flight and had a senior moment. I inserted the micro SD wrong and it got stuck. I used a pair of tweezers to try to free the card, however the card broke into. Does anyone know of a way to open the camera to get out the broken part out? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated

I did something really stupid this afternoon. I was getting my Phantom 3 standard ready for a flight and had a senior moment. I inserted the micro SD wrong and it got stuck. I used a pair of tweezers to try to free the card, however the card broke into. Does anyone know of a way to open the camera to get out the broken part out? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Dissasembly of the gimble assembly is a significant endeavour, even umplugging the board from the AC before you start can be tricky. When you get inside you will find you get some additional access to the sd receptacle but it wont help a lot.

Can you post photo so we can see what your dealing with?

The SD card is in the camera, not up in the gimbal.
The back comes off of the camera, which is easy. I'm not sure though, what will have to be done inside the camera to get to the card slot....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dissasembly of the gimble assembly is a significant endeavour, even umplugging the board from the AC before you start can be tricky. When you get inside you will find you get some additional access to the sd receptacle but it wont help a lot.

Can you post photo so we can see what your dealing with?
There is actually no picture I can take to show what I am talking about. Image sticking the card in backwards. I noticed that when I pushed the card in. I gently tried to pull the card out with my fingertips. That did not work. I then tried to remove it with a pair of tweezers, that’s when the card snapped/broke in half. I have the bottom portion of the card, but the top part is still in the camera.

I'd think there must be someone on the forums who has entered the land of camera disassembly, so hopefully someone will chime in here.
But like I said above, the back cover comes off of the camera easily. At least take it off to see if the card holder is on the back side (doubt it is) of the board.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The only problem is the screws on the back of the camera has a star like screw head. My precision screw drivers does not have a hex driver small enough. Off to Harbor freight to see if I can find one.

It's a #4 I believe. Lowe's has a set for sure and probably Home Depot. I got my "Sunday Emergency" set at a Sears hardware.

Sent the drone to DJI for repair. Seem VERY NICE on the phone. They sent me a prepaid FedEx mailer. They sent me a quote for $243.00 to take the broken card out. Told them to forget it. Lesson learned.

I have had my p3p camera gimbal apart before if that helps, Although my sd card is in the gimbal flange.

Bob, I recall reading somewhere that someone had success using paper and cellotape to remove a stuck sd card. You may have success finding more about this.

Found the link to the sticky tape trick. Stuck SD card in P2V+

One thing I do know from experience is you want to try and make sure the mechanism that keeps the card in the slot is released before trying to reef it out. This may be largely irrelevant if it went in backwards.

I had a SD stuck in a compact camera years back and I got the card out but one would never stay in again after that.

Sent the drone to DJI for repair. Seem VERY NICE on the phone. They sent me a prepaid FedEx mailer. They sent me a quote for $243.00 to take the broken card out. Told them to forget it. Lesson learned.
I looked a lot, still haven't found it yet, but I thought there was some photos and instructions for somebody had put one in, upside down or something?
There is some good reading in these, if you haven't seen them.:(

Search Results for Query: sd card stuck | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie