Stupid rookie mistake :-(

Reaction score
Ok so after almost 2 weeks decided to remove the prop guards.

Yes it's about screws.

I had the original screws in a little jar in my phantom 3 tool kit but the first screw I replaced I accidentally used one of the longer spare screws from the prop guard kit (Dji set) so my question is I immediately removed it replaced all the shorter ones and fired it up with the props off in the house. It worked fine then I took it for a short hop and no issues so Is there anyway to know if I damaged the motor yet? Or is it automatically damaged by using the one long screw?

When a motor is damaged, it normally spins slower than the others -- or does not spin at all.

That's good to know. I didn't notice it going any slower but I'm gonna have to keep an eye on it. Thank you so much for the quick response. I am still terrified :-(

Remove the screw where you used the longer one and look at the coil to see if it is damaged.

Your looking for some 'disturbance' to the nicely coiled wire(s) when compared to a known undisturbed one.
If your not having any flight probs your likely OK.

It sounds like you lucked out then.

I hope so. I will continue to monitor it but if I need to (looked at motor replacing videos and yeah no) have the motor replaced. Can anyone more savy than I in soldering do the job or should I send in to Dji to have it fixed if needs be since I don't want to void my warranty as its only 2 weeks old?

I did the same and realized it right away like you did. However, when I fired mine up I got the esc error. I ended up having to replace the motor :-( sound like you lucked out. I have since used some of my wife's bright red nail polish and painted the top of the screw heads on the longer screws.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Remove the screw where you used the longer one and look at the coil to see if it is damaged.

^ This

Check the coils under the motors for dents/scrapes from the screws. If there's no damage to the coils, I suspect you are fine because you didn't fire up the motors with the long screws in.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik