Stupid question, never tried goggles...

Reaction score
Stupid question, maybe.... I have a black pearl set up which works well, I would love to try goggles but can you adjust the focus of them so that 54 year old eyes can see the screens clearly? As you get older things don't quite work the way they used to...
Thought about using the AV out from the BP as a feed to the goggles. Any recommendations?

Timsytanker said:
They are quite expensive compared to fatsharks, are they worth the extra?

I got the cinemizers plus and not the white once , I like em a lot but the Fatshark are more portable since they have a build in receiver .

But I use the zeiss to watch movies from my iPhone (or any smart device) while I'm on a plane/train or just passenger traveling.

Il recommend them but it all depend what you need ..... Like I said Fatshark is more portable cos it's made specifically for fpv , zeiss are zeiss but you'll have to be attached with your receiver .

Got mine for €330 I believe plus shipping

I will try out the Fatshark hd when they come out.

Also heads up with any google not to leave them in the sun 'YOULL BURN THE SCREEN!!!!' Even for a few seconds , Ask me how I know this :(

Timsytanker said:
Thinking of fatshark base goggles with correction lenses connected to a pole mounted reciever with cloverleaf. Anyone use these goggles?

As far as I know , they have one of the widest field of view from the google out there but resolution suffers a bit... Il wait for the HD if I where you or the dom v2

Before you guys spend funds on FPV glass check out the Epson Moverio BT 200 glasses the do both let you see the aircraft and you get your FPV. Neither the Fat Sharks or the Zeiss glass can do that! Therefore you will need a second person flying with you..... and yes they have a frame insert for correction glass lenses. While you can only get - corr. lenses for the fat sharks Not sure about the Zeiss once.

Did I mention that flying FPV here in the USA at this time is not allowed under proposed new FAA rules? So using the Fat Shark and the Zeiss Glasses are not allowed. While you can argue with Epson glass I can see the my Phantom V2 flying right there have a look.

Just my thoughts

SFOPhantom said:
Before you guys spend funds on FPV glass check out the Epson Moverio BT 200 glasses the do both let you see the aircraft and you get your FPV. Neither the Fat Sharks or the Zeiss glass can do that! Therefore you will need a second person flying with you..... and yes they have a frame insert for correction glass lenses. While you can only get - corr. lenses for the fat sharks Not sure about the Zeiss once.

Did I mention that flying FPV here in the USA at this time is not allowed under proposed new FAA rules? So using the Fat Shark and the Zeiss Glasses are not allowed. While you can argue with Epson glass I can see the my Phantom V2 flying right there have a look.

Just my thoughts

The epson have an interesting design , I personally went for the zeiss cos I was told the epson don't have a very vivid screen since it's an overlay design but would really have liked to try them out.

yes the zeiss have build in diopters they work great.

Norangat said:
Timsytanker said:
They are quite expensive compared to fatsharks, are they worth the extra?

I got the cinemizers plus and not the white once , I like em a lot but the Fatshark are more portable since they have a build in receiver .

But I use the zeiss to watch movies from my iPhone (or any smart device) while I'm on a plane/train or just passenger traveling.

Il recommend them but it all depend what you need ..... Like I said Fatshark is more portable cos it's made specifically for fpv , zeiss are zeiss but you'll have to be attached with your receiver .

Got mine for €330 I believe plus shipping

I will try out the Fatshark hd when they come out.

Also heads up with any google not to leave them in the sun 'YOULL BURN THE SCREEN!!!!' Even for a few seconds , Ask me how I know this :(

How do you know this about screen burn in? Did you read it in this forum too? How can you fix it?

SFOPhantom said:

Just my thoughts

I was on the fence between the Epson and Zeiss glasses but went with the Zeiss in the end after reports that the Epson glasses wouldn't work that good with the DJI app with the screen not centered and the radar not working correctly.

What is your experience in that regard?

Then I also figured what will happen with the Epson glasses when new versions of Android and the DJI app are released that might not be supported by the hardware in the Epson glasses...will that make them obsolete? Sure, that might not happen within a year or two but I hate the idea of putting a product in this price range in my drawer collecting dust.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31