Stupid question, but.......

Reaction score
We bought a Phantom 3 Standard for our son for Christmas. We have taken it out several times and LOVE it, but we can't figure out how to switch from still photos to video. I assume it is just a toggle switch on the iphone app, but I don't see one.

Can someone tell me how to film video, please? Bonus points if you post a picture of the app that shows where the button/switch is.

Thank you!

The toggle is above the shutter button on the right side of DJI GO.

No offense intended here but I highly recommend you watch a whole lot of you tube walkthroughs on that drone. It makes me nervous that you didn't know how to switch that. There are a lot of more critical things you need to know before flying it around and I'm afraid your going to hurt someone or lose your drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You put it nicely... I replied then deleted my post.
Does anyone read the manual anymore... Granted the one that is in the box is a "quick start" but there is a pdf you can download of the full manual... I read that (3, 4 times i think) BEFORE my bird arrived. And as you say watched a ton of youtube...

On the other hand I can still remember the excitement when it arrived I couldn't wait to get it outside and into the air... it seemed like an interminable long time to update the firmware... so I get your impatience... :)

Read, practice, fly safe and enjoy - it is a wonderful machine and will give you countless hours of enjoyment. And for me the flying and photography/videography is just part of it... discovering new places to capture and then coming home and editing the stills and videos - is another aspect of this hobby.

This board is chock-a-block with guys/gals that really know their business... they are a here to help.

Aloha

Oh... to answer the original OP... I don't even use the ap to toggle between camera modes... I use the buttons on the RC... just be aware if you are video recording you have to stop recording before you can hit the still button to take a photo.

Ryan and Puna,

No offense taken!

I have a child-like, stubborn husband who insisted on using the drone before reading or watching anything that could have helped. He has a close friend who is very knowledgeable about drones who warned him to read and watch everything before trying it out, but again, he is just too stubborn. He's a figure-it-out-as-he-goes-along kinda guy.
I told him today that it looks like I am the one who will have to do some reading, as far as the manual is concerned, so that at least one person will know how to properly use the thing.

I do have to say. We have taken it out three times so far, and we have not had any issues. It is so much fun to use!

Thanks again for the responses!

Reactions: PunaPhantom
More than anything I just want people to be safe and losing a drone is a quick way to end the fun :) It sounds like you are already thinking the right way. These drones are so fun and I can understand the eagerness to fly it. Just to make sure your husband and son have respect for the drone I would go look at some pictures people have posted of their hands and arms after the props make contact.

Reactions: maxam67
There are some Great Videos on You tube. Def worth getting to know it before getting carried away. He needs to think about (featuring to Home ) height if He doesn't set this high enough and uses it, He could easily crash into something. Also be aware of battery charge, when deciding to bring it Home. If He were to fly out, with the wind, then use half the battery power and head back against the wind, He probably won't make it. There is a lot to consider. Well worth the effort. Very expensive bit of kit to lose. To extend battery life don't run till flat on each flight. Always leave at least an 1/8 of the power in battery when You land. Then completely discharge every 20 flights. Check out " Toms tech time" on You tube. They explain everthing in detail.

Oh... to answer the original OP... I don't even use the ap to toggle between camera modes... I use the buttons on the RC... just be aware if you are video recording you have to stop recording before you can hit the still button to take a photo.
The OP has the P3 Standard which doesn't have those buttons on the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj