Stupid Luck? Right Into A Wall... Anything To Worry About?

Reaction score
So my neighbor came over today to check out my P3P. I had it on the ground and was ready to start her up when he asked me how hard it was to fly. I told him how easy it was, but also informed him that I flew other model aircraft before my P3P. I turned her on and was ready to show him how cool it was. Went straight up about 15 ft and let go of the controls to let her hover. When I did so, my bird decided to go straight sideways into the wall of my house. I watched it all happen in slow motion. The rotors spinning, hitting the wall, dropping to the ground while still spinning and bouncing in place a few times. Uh oh...

I picked her up and looked everything over. The blades were scratched and the battery had popped out. Luckily the gimbal didn't break. I popped the battery back in and started her up and everything worked ok.

My question is, is there anything I need to worry about? Falling as hard as she did onto the pavement, I would think that something messed up. Everything seems fine though. Has any one of you done this to your drone and not noticed anything wrong?

For sure do a fresh IMU calibration. They will take a pretty good beating as long as the camera isn't impacted. Before you fly, check the compass MOD value... needs to be close to 1500. 1400 is iffy and needs a new compass calibration as well.

Do you know what happened? Did you take off before getting GPS locks? Is it related to the stability issues you reported earlier today?

I rebuilt one that crashed then fell out of a 150ft tree. Just replaced the shell, did a total recalibration, flys great. Mine gets twitchy near power lines and if the ground sensors try to read grass or anything without a solid pattern.
I think you are fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4