Stupid is as Stupid does gimbal motor question

Reaction score
So I get brave and decide to take the gimbal off my P3P to make sure nothing is obviously wrong before I ship it to DJI for shell and crooked horizon repair.

I drop the assembly straight down onto the bench from about 8" which broke open the roll servo :(

After a lot of farting around and a few failed attempts. I foumd a picture of an alignment template and was able to more or less line up the shaft properly and push the two halves of the motor back together.
Fired her up did all the calibrations and everything seems to be working! The horizon is actually better than ever, but I've seen that before and it goes wonky after a couple flights.

My question to those of you that have worked on them, do you think it will stay together? I don't know what is supposed to keep the two halves together? They sure came apart easy!

Also now that I actually broke the motor should I even bring up the subject of the floating horizon offset on the camera, or ....

TIA

Anyone know the mechanism to hold the two halves of the motor together?

Flew a four pack after getting the gimbal back together yesterday and the crooked horizon is much better! It still wonders a bit once in a while, but a 100% improvement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl