Stuck propeller

Reaction score
I have one my black marked propellers stuck that can not be removed even with the plastic tool that came with the accesories, I have seen a metal wrench that blocks the motor so you can then turn the propeller off. where can I order it. Or is there a comon tool I can use?

Brgds Gonzalo Sang

Are you turning it in reverse? Take a towel or rag to wrap onto the motor top to help hold it and turn prop in reverse direction of the silver ones.

It's a left handed thread, make sure you are not tightening it. They can come down tight after a good flight but it will come off.

You can try duct tape around the motor for a firmer grip. Be careful applying too much pressure to the casing of the motor because you could crush it and end up having to buy a new motor.

I have repaired many with stuck props, and as a last resort, you can try dremeling the prop off, since you shouldn't trust it any more after this, it is probably stripped or crossthreaded. Take your time removing it, and you will save the motor. After you get it off, turn the motor to make sure the prop didnt damage it from spinning freely, and if you get any error messages from DJI Go, land and see if the motor is hotter than the others.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Are you turning it in reverse? Take a towel or rag to wrap onto the motor top to help hold it and turn prop in reverse direction of the silver ones.
Thak you for answer it. I m following the direction on the propeller that shows how to turn it to remove it.
it got stucked after a minor crash where the bird hit the grass and flipped up side down. all others were removed normal except one. I have flown it after the crash several times at all seem normal

You can try duct tape around the motor for a firmer grip. Be careful applying too much pressure to the casing of the motor because you could crush it and end up having to buy a new motor.

I have repaired many with stuck props, and as a last resort, you can try dremeling the prop off, since you shouldn't trust it any more after this, it is probably stripped or crossthreaded. Take your time removing it, and you will save the motor. After you get it off, turn the motor to make sure the prop didnt damage it from spinning freely, and if you get any error messages from DJI Go, land and see if the motor is hotter than the others.
will try the tape and as last resource will dremel it

Thak you for answer it. I m following the direction on the propeller that shows how to turn it to remove it.
it got stucked after a minor crash where the bird hit the grass and flipped up side down. all others were removed normal except one. I have flown it after the crash several times at all seem normal
Ok, it's just tight (trying to run with the prop o the grass). It will come off, justb needs a more concerted effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers