stuck propeller on phantom vision 2

Reaction score
Morning all.

I'm in desperate need of help.

I have one of my propellers stuck on my phantom.

I have tried to use my tool to loosen off but it is so stiff it turns but only with force. The others came off perfect.

When I put them on last time it went on fine and don't think they were angled.

Any advice appreciated

2 of mine do this on my P2 (self tightening). I loosen it to a point, then it becomes tight again. Keep twisting and it should eventually twist round and loosen off.

Sounds like the threads are screwed :lol:

(NOT meant to insult you Foxy, just a cheap joke)

N017RW said:
Sounds like the threads are screwed :lol:

(NOT meant to insult you Foxy, just a cheap joke)

Nice laugh to start the day. But it does sound like the prop is cross-threaded. You will need tools to remove it. The bad news is that the prop is now trash. The good news is that the threaded motor shaft is harder than the threads in the prop, so the motor is probably OK.

Ha ha not at all, it made me chuckle.

It feels it's got tighter now. Tried to keep turning it but no chance. And yeah I'm doing it the correct way :)

So what tool do I use to take it off. I'm happy even if the prop is no longer usable as long as I can get it off.

I must be missing something. How long has it been on? Was it hard going on? righty tity lefty loosey or righty loosey lefty tighty!

Hold the motor stationary, turn the prop in the proper removal direction and at the same time pull it from the motor.

Foxy said:
I will keep you posted don't worry. Working my shifts is no fun.

I'm going to make a wild guess here. This is not a DJI manufactured prop... correct? :D

-slinger

Genuine props as I have an OCD with things like that.

The props went on with no resistance and have been on about a month with two flights since then. I don't always remove the props. Could I have bent something is any pressure has been on the prop causing this problem?

You could turn the Phantom upside down and put a small amount of penetrating oil on the motor shaft. Don't get it everywhere, though, since it may not be good for plastic.
Try to wiggle the prop back and forth, rather than just unscrewing. If some pieces of metal come loose, you want to work them out rather than force them in.

Brilliant thank you. I will try that tomorrow and fingers crossed. I will keep people posted in case anyone else encounters the same issue. Thanks CityZen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav