Stuck in Warmup Mode.

Reaction score
Just finished running calibration on the P2. After that I powered it back up and it started with the red-green-yellow flashing. I waited about a minute and it was still flashing that code. I don't know what wrong with it. I will try running the software again.
I can't seem to find anything about this problem. Any ideas what's wrong?

Crank said:
Just finished running calibration on the P2. After that I powered it back up and it started with the red-green-yellow flashing. I waited about a minute and it was still flashing that code. I don't know what wrong with it. I will try running the software again.

Multitude of things...

The error may pop up in the phantom assist in the bottom right corner. If you have dual screens setup on the PC, check both screens.

What calibration did you do?

Could also be compass error. Check your MOD readings in the Phantom assist and make sure they are around 1200 - 1700.
Also, turn your controller on and place phantom on the box and place it outside so you don't get magnetic rebar in the ground and outside so you can get the sat counts..

If controller, then you may need to redo it in the separate RC1.2 software and redo in the Phantom assist.

If Adv IMU calibration, make sure it takes less than 2minutes to complete. If longer than that, it may not get the green ticks meaning the calibration has failed.

When doing an advance IMU calibration you may receive a message that your unit is to warm that is error message to be ignored. Just hit the red x in upper right corner of the message and it will continue to calibrate the IMU.

jason said:
When doing an advance IMU calibration you may receive a message that your unit is to warm that is error message to be ignored. Just hit the red x in upper right corner of the message and it will continue to calibrate the IMU.
Yep. I do remember the IMU being too warm error. I think I will redo that just for kicks and grins.
What's up with the IMU ERROR deal? I've seen that before.

Mako79 said:
Crank said:

Multitude of things...

The error may pop up in the phantom assist in the bottom right corner. If you have dual screens setup on the PC, check both screens.

What calibration did you do?

Could also be compass error. Check your MOD readings in the Phantom assist and make sure they are around 1200 - 1700.
Also, turn your controller on and place phantom on the box and place it outside so you don't get magnetic rebar in the ground and outside so you can get the sat counts.

If controller, then you may need to redo it in the separate RC1.2 software and redo in the Phantom assist.

If Adv IMU calibration, make sure it takes less than 2minutes to complete. If longer than that, it may not get the green ticks meaning the calibration has failed.
I think I need to go thru all of my notes and see what one is the culprit. Thanks for the help.

Crank said:
jason said:
Yep. I do remember the IMU being too warm error. I think I will redo that just for kicks and grins.
What's up with the IMU ERROR deal? I've seen that before.

Some here on the forum say its a bug.
I don't think its a bug and that's my opinion. I think the warning is there for a reason and shouldn't be ignored.
You can experiment yourself.
If the phantom is cold, and you do the calibration the moment you plug in the Phantom assist, there is no temp warning and you get green ticks in less than 2 minutes.
Now if you let the phantom idle for a minute or 2, the warning appears. The longer it idles, the longer it will take to do IMU calibrations and it may fail.

You need to remember what the calibrations are doing. It's basically telling the IMU (inertia Measuring Unit) to reset to its surroundings. Ie- What is flat, What is zero movement, what pressure is it. If the phantom heats up (and it does without the props), then this can throw out errors.

Also, make sure you can find flat surface in both axis that is perfectly levelled with the horizon when you do an advanced IMU.
I have a favoured tile that I place a ball bearing on. The ball bearing sits still = levelled surface. Provided that your NAZA is installed correctly and your landing skids aren't bent, then you should be able to do really nice yaws/pan without drifting.

Hope that helps..

Runs good now. I checked the assistant NAZA program and could see the one of the 4 channels (E) was reversed. All others were normal. I put everything back to normal and ran IMU cal again. Looks like all is happy. I'll calibrate the compass before the test flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic