Stuck in Failsafe mode

Reaction score
This has been an ongoing problem - I fly the Phantom 2 for awhile, then when the batttery goes low it enters failsafe mode, flies back to its take off point and turns off. When I replace the battery and turn it back on, all I get are yellow flashing lights (Naza-M mode) and the link LED on the Phantom 2 is solid red, indicating no link to the transmitter. What's going on? I recently had it in for service - they found nothing wrong except for the gimbal which they totally replaced. That is now working fine. While in the shop though I don't think they could replicate the problem of the transmitter losing link after entering failsafe. Anyone else have this issue?

rodemic said:
This has been an ongoing problem - I fly the Phantom 2 for awhile, then when the batttery goes low it enters failsafe mode, flies back to its take off point and turns off. When I replace the battery and turn it back on, all I get are yellow flashing lights (Naza-M mode) and the link LED on the Phantom 2 is solid red, indicating no link to the transmitter. What's going on? I recently had it in for service - they found nothing wrong except for the gimbal which they totally replaced. That is now working fine. While in the shop though I don't think they could replicate the problem of the transmitter losing link after entering failsafe. Anyone else have this issue?

F/S and the battery being low should not be related. Autoland occurs when the battery voltage gets low not RTH. If you just had it in for service and they didnt fix the problem, they didn't do a very good job. Check for firmware updates on both P2 and RC. Force the RC to rebind with the RX. Calibrate all the controls. Check the calibration of the S1 switch. Check the antennas for the RX are in their stock location, are not bent or kinked and do not have anything like a 5.8GHz TX sitting right next to them. Chnage the batteries in your RC.

Thanks for your suggestions, I have tried them all but still having issues.

Flashed all the firmware and I was able to get a link for awhile. Took it outside to fly and the link disconnected again. Flashed firmware again, no link :(

I am beginning to think it is a faulty Tx or Rx. The distributor is sending me a replacement Tx to test out.

The RC assistant shows the voltage as roughly 5.8V, with new batteries. Should this be 6V? I can only find documentation that says the RC will beep if it falls below 4V. Would <6V cause no link?

Fixed it - the problem was the Phantom 2 Receiver. Replaced this board and it is good as new. I wonder what caused the fault?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20