Stuck battery button

Reaction score
I went to fly tonight and had an issue with one of my batteries. I believe that the button is stuck in the down position. Has anyone had the cover off the battery? Is that even possible? Or am I going to have call into DJI and deal with support?

Thanks for any information and help,

Scott

I went to fly tonight and had an issue with one of my batteries. I believe that the button is stuck in the down position. Has anyone had the cover off the battery? Is that even possible? Or am I going to have call into DJI and deal with support?

Thanks for any information and help,

Scott
you might try a small amount of electrical contact spray to see if you can free it up.. spray around the button and then tap ever so lightly with a small metal rod or something metal with a blunt point. the spray and the shock may free it up. Otherwise, I haven't seen any posts regarding taking on of these covers off. I would think that DJI would make that circuitry and mechanism inaccessible-- if that doesn't do it, then you probably are looking at a warranty claim.

Any luck with your battery? Just got a Brand new battery that the top button doesn't work and gets stuck.

I worked with DJI Support and just shipped it back for repair/replacement. It should be in their hands today. I'll let you know how things go - but I'm not expecting any issues.

Hope this piggybacking will be appreciated as it's also dealing with a new battery issue. I have one that is extremely hard to remove from the craft. I mean very very hard to remove from the Phantom 3P. I also notice when installing it, there's more resistance sliding it in, the point just before it's fully seated and locked in. But in all other aspects it performs normally. It's just a battle removing it. Would you keep it or send it back? I have about 8 charge cycles on it. Thanks

Hope this piggybacking will be appreciated as it's also dealing with a new battery issue. I have one that is extremely hard to remove from the craft. I mean very very hard to remove from the Phantom 3P. I also notice when installing it, there's more resistance sliding it in, the point just before it's fully seated and locked in. But in all other aspects it performs normally. It's just a battle removing it. Would you keep it or send it back? I have about 8 charge cycles on it. Thanks

If it's only doing it on one of your batteries, are the cells of that battery bulging/swollen at all? If so, that is NOT safe, and is a LiPO fire hazard - put it in a safe area of your garage, in a LiPO bag or on something non-combustible. Then call DJI on warranty (hopefully you didn't damage/drop it because that would void the warranty). Good luck!

Although I see you sent it back already, it is very easy to disassemble the top cover, just some prying to push the locking pins in with a very small screwdriver and then pull it up.

There are four plastic pins inside that appear glued from factory and they will break, but no biggie, just put some glue back when work is done.

However the round button is nothing more than a pin that will press the actual button underneath on the battery circuit, so I don't know how to fix it if that is stuck (it goes in that "cross" opening).

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441501640.857954.jpg

If it's only doing it on one of your batteries, are the cells of that battery bulging/swollen at all? If so, that is NOT safe, and is a LiPO fire hazard - put it in a safe area of your garage, in a LiPO bag or on something non-combustible. Then call DJI on warranty (hopefully you didn't damage/drop it because that would void the warranty). Good luck!

No, no bulges, all looks normal, plus out is a new battery. On the battery diagnostics, all is normal, just difficult to remove.

I have one difficult to remove too. The top release tab /button doesn't press well at all. Brand new... Hmmmm.

I have one difficult to remove too. The top release tab /button doesn't press well at all. Brand new... Hmmmm.

That's exactly my issue, the upper tab has very little flex in it, brand new. Maybe an issue with a whole batch recently produced, who knows? While removed I tried to exercise the upper tab, didn't change anything much..

So I worked with DJI, got an RMA number and shipped the battery in for repair. They received it on Sept 4th. Today I received this email - - -

Upon inspection of your battery we found that the power button is damaged so we are replacing it with a new one. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team

No issues, no complaints at all -- very happy with the result. I hope others can have similar interactions with DJI Support.

Reactions: bobmyers
about the hard to remove battery see this thread Stuck batteries | DJI Phantom Forum a bit down the first page some one posted a vid on a way to use two hands places in a way that gives you some leverage tho help pull it out.

I also have a new battery that the top release has little to no movement. It's very difficult to remove from the phantom 3.

I also have a new battery that the top release has little to no movement. It's very difficult to remove from the phantom 3.
My new battery is exactly the same. Using both thumbs to push down on the top button quickly and with some force but obviously not too much works pretty good.

I just had two, sent them back to supplier. Single charge on one, single use and discharge on second. The pulling of the battery release against such force will eventually wear the catch off the plastic airframe, weaken the spot, and make any battery have potential to slip out with enough G maneuver. Plus, I don't believe in the two-person battery removal it required. I need to be able to swap out a battery quickly and get the machine back into operation.

Last edited:
I just had two, sent them back to supplier. Single charge on one, single use and discharge on second. The pulling of the battery release against such force will eventually wear the catch off the plastic airframe, weaken the spot, and make any battery have potential to slip out with enough G maneuver. Plus, I don't believe in the two-person battery removal it required. I need to be able to swap out a battery quickly and get the machine back into operation.

This works, leverage the back of your hands against the Phantom arms, much better.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/AkJbQ7.gif

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl