Stuck batteries

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of batteries becoming increasingly hard to remove from the Phantom 2 vision. I now need to pry them out. Silicon spray?

They are tight, there's no getting around that I don't think.

Sideways wiggle is my preferred method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiPos swell with heat and age.
Lot's of on-line info about this so I won't go there.
So this could explain why its more difficult to remove after use.

As far as adding silicone or similar, this will just retain dirt and dust.

Just curious, has anyone come up with a solution to sticking batteries yet? I have the problem and with all three batteries it is difficult to get out and difficult to insert far enough that all connections are made. This is getting serious. I see no obvious blockage, there was no crash recently that might have damaged the battery box, they just stick on the large part (head) of the battery. Any assistance is hugely appreciated!

4wd,
Your battery comes out so easy you should be SURE it is locked in for use. None of mine come out with that little effort.
Then again, maybe you are just really strong and powerful. :)

I've found it to be increasingly easier. I'm not sure if that is by means of my approach or maybe it's getting looser?

I kinda prefer a battery that's hard to remove than one that easily slips out, but that's just me. :lol:

As far as I know, my older-ish (more used ones, aka battery #1) batteries feel easier to take out than my newer-ish ones.

There are times when I wished I had a crowbar handy one time though. :evil:

I made a gif ;).
Take it out, one appears, take it out .....
This is a good way to get many batteries for free :lol:

AkJbQ7.gif

Birthing batteries! Now that is slick!
How do you get that Phantom pregnant? ;)

GrantAerial said:
I've found it to be increasingly easier. I'm not sure if that is by means of my approach or maybe it's getting looser?

I'm finding the same thing. Also, I noticed that even with a brand new battery, it's just about as easy to pull as the original battery. I guess the P2 battery bay begins to wear a bit...

-slinger

Yes, I have the same problem. The batteries are fairly new (less than 3 mos) and all are sticking. I have lubed the ends with plumber's grease, as recommended somewhere else and this helps a bit on insertion and removal but it isn't a proper solution. :(

It is VERY difficult to insert and remove the batteries. I have not had a major crash and only a couple of minor ones, the batteries are not swollen or disfigured in any way. Very frustrating, tried DJI support and got the standard reply saying to buy a new battery. LOL Actually, at this point, maybe another Phantom 2 will solve it...

If anyone has had a similar problem and has a solution, PLEASE let me know... Thank you,

Re: Stuck batteries (SOLVED!!!)

Here is one solution that anyone who installed a H3-3D gimbal should check out. I wrote this in another stuck battery thread but wanted to make sure it showed up here as all. I was struggling to find a solution to stuck batteries and this worked for me! As always, YMMV but good luck!

"Again, thanks to all of you for all the help. i have a solution. I went about uninstalling things in preparation for the shell replacement. I removed the Zenmuse H3-3D and had a thought: What if the frame for the gimbal, once screwed to the body, deformed the battery compartment just enough to make normal battery insertion/removal impossible? So, once the Zenmuse mount was removed I tried every battery and lo and behold, each snaps in and snaps out perfectly! So, I replaced the gimbal bracket and took care while installing the new one to not over tighten or in any way cause stress to the body of the craft. That's it! Really glad I found this before I completely replaced the shell, much less work this way!"

Hi guys. As a new user I found the battery VERY hard to remove as my poor index finger (used as a prise bar) will attest to !
The video approach as above works perfectly ! It's the same principle as a gear puller - uses uniform pressure around the perimeter to avoid angular forces causing jamming.
I did carefully lube (wd40 ) very lightly the edges of the battery but that made no difference so it's just the tight grip of the connectors that's the "problem"
Mind you, grab and 1/4" spade terminals and push them together and it's easy as, but try to pull 'em apart as easily and it's a different picture ;)
One less problem now :mrgreen:

Yes, without any doubt 4wd's method works very well. Adopted it as soon as I tried it. Better to have tight ones than have to worry about using tape to hold the battery in place.
Welcome to a great forum.

Re: Stuck batteries (can be caused by gimbal mount)

Happyflyer said:
Yes, without any doubt 4wd's method works very well. Adopted it as soon as I tried it. Better to have tight ones than have to worry about using tape to hold the battery in place.
Welcome to a great forum.

In case this doesn't work for you (or you still want to find the root cause) please consider the gimbal mounting issue I detailed earlier in this topic but I'll restate here ;)

Sometimes (and this happened to me and was incredibly difficult to troubleshoot) the Zenmuse gimbal mounting screws may be too tight. This causes a very slight deformation of the battery cavity and makes inserting and removing batteries extremely difficult. To the extent that it might require a pair of channel lock pliers to remove or, on insertion, a powerful push might not work and it just won't go all the way in.

The solution in this case is to just loosen, ever so slightly, the gimbal bracket mounting screws (that attach it to the Phantom) and batteries snap right in and are easier, though still requiring some force (i.e. there is no chance they will fall out) to remove.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik