Strong wind warnings on P4P

Reaction score
I'm very satisfied with my P4P so far, except for the fact that I'm constantly getting strong wind warnings, every flight! Even when there's very little wind I just keep getting them and they're really annoying! Anyone else having this problem and/or knows how to fix it?

Reactions: ndroll and tak5501
Didn't fix it for me. I use litchi instead.
Do you use Litchi for regular non programmed flights as well? I have done several flights with it last year with my P4's but have not even tried it with the P4P yet. All working pretty good?

First flight today I got some wind warnings. I expected it, having read enough about it. They did disappear on their own though. Glad at least for that. I really hope they do something about it in a firmware update soon.

Do you guys always get the green top bar turn yellow everytime you get the warning like this
6e3c37daf680094553c18ec8ad24bfb9.jpg

Sometimes I only get the pop up notification and my green bar never turns yellow, and other times my green bar turns yellow. Why is this?

sometimes stronger winds occur, in this case the higher alert yellow bar will appear. take caution as needed an proceed when safe to do so. use common sense.

Reactions: KingDad1985
sometimes stronger winds occur, in this case the higher alert yellow bar will appear. take caution as needed an proceed when safe to do so. use common sense.
I figured this. Thank you for the confirmation

I'm very satisfied with my P4P so far, except for the fact that I'm constantly getting strong wind warnings, every flight! Even when there's very little wind I just keep getting them and they're really annoying! Anyone else having this problem and/or knows how to fix it?
There is a setting where you can turn the warnings off if they are annoying to you

Do you use Litchi for regular non programmed flights as well? I have done several flights with it last year with my P4's but have not even tried it with the P4P yet. All working pretty good?

I use DJI app only to apply/modify some settings (gimbal speed u.s.) - for flying Litchi only, for non-automated flights, too. Reasons are subjective - it's easier to get accustomed with just one UI, than switch from one to other.
And, if You have more than one AC, You can find the right points and angles/test Litchi's WP route settings (height, speed, camera angle etc) with one, and then take the 'master' video on another.

I'd be suspicious about this. Think about how the sensors detect strong winds. It could (and I emphasize could) be a drag caused to poor or a faulty motor not giving the performance it should and the movement of the craft is not true, eg one of the motors is over compensating for another which in high winds the motors are fighting via the computers to stabilise the AC. Another alternative i suppose is a faulty barometer which not detects altitude but detects case pressure in strong winds is stating high pressure when it's incorrect. Send it back in my opinion before some other error materialises and u lose it.
I'm sure if there were strong winds you would know about it. I fly regularly on the beach and know how wind speed changes bur you know how strong the wind is by monitoring your speed in head wind and direction heading via wind drift on the radar map.
Good luck solving this but don't leave it!

I'd be suspicious about this. Think about how the sensors detect strong winds. It could (and I emphasize could) be a drag caused to poor or a faulty motor not giving the performance it should and the movement of the craft is not true, eg one of the motors is over compensating for another which in high winds the motors are fighting via the computers to stabilise the AC. Another alternative i suppose is a faulty barometer which not detects altitude but detects case pressure in strong winds is stating high pressure when it's incorrect. Send it back in my opinion before some other error materialises and u lose it.
I'm sure if there were strong winds you would know about it. I fly regularly on the beach and know how wind speed changes bur you know how strong the wind is by monitoring your speed in head wind and direction heading via wind drift on the radar map.
Good luck solving this but don't leave it!

Remember that not all winds are laminar, if the ac can do 17m/s, it does not mean it can fly 5 m/s in 12 m/s.
There is no barometer in this craft, its a barometric sensor that measures the atmospheric pressure, the main purpose of this sensor in a drone, is to maintain a fixed altitude along with the data from the gps.
The pressure can sometimes be affected by downwash from props, if mounted incorrectly. These sensors also have a delay and sensitivity setting, so its doesnt responding to every little temporary gust or pressure change.
These sensors rarely fail.
Wind warnings from this craft, is most likely coming from changes in rpm relative to the crafts speed and attitude, constantly calculated by the internal controller.

There is a setting where you can turn the warnings off if they are annoying to you
It's under general settings and it does list all warnings but the only option is to clear them, not stop them, as far as I can see.

Would that it were true! Not that I have ever heard of or read about to prevent them! Please share exactly how you prevent them from appearing in the first place! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl