"Strong interference. Fly with caution" with DJI GO 4 (4.1.0)

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom 4 for six months.

It is running the latest firmware available, of which there has not been an update in a while. With the Remote Controller, I use the standard DJI GO 4 application and I keep this up to date as well. For my tablet, I use an NVidia Shield, with its wireless disabled. On the tablet, there are no third-party applications installed.

With regards to my use, I am a registered user. I reside in the United States. I fly every couple of weeks and I abide by the FAA rules. When I fly, all batteries are fully charged, I power-cycle the tablet before its use with the RC. I also ensure the tablet is running without any power optimization features enabled. It is attached to the RC using a short 8-inch cable. Suffice to say, I am safe, methodical when it comes to flying. ;)

With this all being said, I am pleased to say I have *never* had an issue flying my drone in the area(s) I fly. In fact, I visit the same, open grassy fields, near a lake, a fair distance away from residential areas. It is the perfect location to practice my flying skills, etc. Moreover, while I have always enjoyed using my drone, it is recently with an update to the DJI GO 4 application, I am encountering an issue I cannot overcome.

For unknown reasons, starting with 4.0.9 the DJI Go 4 application is frequently displaying every 10-15 seconds, "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up messages. This is something very, very new. Never, have I encountered this message before until after I updated to 4.0.9.

In my effort to troubleshoot, I have uninstalled the application, and re-installed it. I have also tried it on a Nexus 7 Tablet with the same results.

I am very confident there are no issues with the drone itself. And I know there are no issues with the tablet(s) I have used. The only issue remaining is the DJI GO 4 application itself and what changes were introduced with the 4.0.9 release. What is curious is that the drone does not appear to exhibit any issues with flying, control, response, video, etc. As far as I can see, it is still working perfectly, but this pop-up message keeps popping up every fifteen seconds and because it is impossible to know if the message is legitimate or a false alarm; it is a cause for concern every time it appears.

Recently, I saw the update to 4.1.0 and hoping this would resolve the issue, I updated the application, but the issue persists. As a result, I have since downloaded and installed a third party application, i.e. Litchi for use with the Phantom 4 and tried it to see if the issue occurs with this application. It does not. In fact, it works very well.

I would prefer to revert to using the DJI Go 4 application, but at present, there is something amiss with it.

Is it possible the logic behind displaying this message may be "too" sensitive?

I am at a loss, other than to not use the DJI GO 4 (4.1.0) application. This message "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" appears to be false as I do not experience it if I use the Litchi application.

For reference I am using the following:
Phantom 4 drone running 01.02.0602
nVidia Shield running DJI GO 4 v4.1.0 (87-gpTablet)
Remote Controller running 1.8.0

Are others experiencing this issue after having updated to 4.0.9 or 4.1.0?

I get the same message. I am not going to upgrade the firmware to the latest version as sounds like it creates more problems and is only intended to make sure people fly responsibly. I am now going to use Litchi and see if it is more stable. A crashing app may eventually cascade and cause a drone crash.

I am about to switch to Litchi for the same reason. DJI, are you listening?!?!?! I am curious though, will I have access to all of the drone features in Litchi such as sport mode? Also, does Litchi support 32 Channel hack?

Paul

From my experience, the DJIGO4 on android and ios devices is like night and day.

I wasn't an apple user, but after my phantom3 standard+samsung tabE+DJIGO3 zero problems, the upgrade to the Phantom 4 forced me to migrate to IOS to fly with confidence.

The app on the IOS is simply fully functional, zero crashes. DJI and APPLE are conspiring and the Android app seems to be neglected, which is unfortunate. IOS devices are not cheap.

I would recommend the ipad 2017 A9 as a candidate for upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcusKeeler
I am about to switch to Litchi for the same reason. DJI, are you listening?!?!?! I am curious though, will I have access to all of the drone features in Litchi such as sport mode? Also, does Litchi support 32 Channel hack?

Paul
I don't have tons of experience and very little with litchi . i can say for sure the litchi app and the dji go app talk to each other . in DJI go you will hear a voice telling you home point is set . etc . while in litchi i disabled speech and it disabled the speech in the DJI go as well . had to go back into litchi and enable speech for the DJI app to start talking again. . you do have access to all flight modes but take your time and learn litchi very well before you fly , and don't go far the first few times out . .

Reactions: jr257944

Paul
Does Litchi work on the + version of the controller for the "P4P+" Drone? If so, how do you load it?

I don't have tons of experience and very little with litchi . i can say for sure the litchi app and the dji go app talk to each other . in DJI go you will hear a voice telling you home point is set . etc . while in litchi i disabled speech and it disabled the speech in the DJI go as well . had to go back into litchi and enable speech for the DJI app to start talking again. . you do have access to all flight modes but take your time and learn litchi very well before you fly , and don't go far the first few times out . .

Any settings available in DJI Go not available in Litchi I set, i.e. gimbal settings before use. Other than that, use litchi exclusively. Using the pre programmed missions is key, but embarrassingly main reason is auto record as takeoff, I had missed so many beautiful shots due to failing to hit record(one track mind)

Your not suppose to run Litchi and GO4 at the same time. You should terminate the ask you're not using.

Your not suppose to run Litchi and GO4 at the same time. You should terminate the ask you're not using.
I have never ran Litchi and Dhi go at the same time . doesn't mean they don't talk to each other . i shut the voice warnings off in litchi and it also shut them off in dji . once i turned the voice back on in litchi it came back in DJI . thinking of dumping litchi all together if it screws with stuff . waypoints missions is not something i would do much if at all

Any settings available in DJI Go not available in Litchi I set, i.e. gimbal settings before use. Other than that, use litchi exclusively. Using the pre programmed missions is key, but embarrassingly main reason is auto record as takeoff, I had missed so many beautiful shots due to failing to hit record(one track mind)
Since i haven't done waypoint missions and am feeling it's not something i would do . i like flying the bird myself .
i may dump litchi , the apps do screw with each other even though you're only running one at a time . maybe if these phantoms weren't prone to bugs that seem to cause failure i would feel more secure ..had my first bug flying today . the gimble went limp and the bird did some weird things . maybe not photographing enough women

I have had my Phantom 4 for six months.

It is running the latest firmware available, of which there has not been an update in a while. With the Remote Controller, I use the standard DJI GO 4 application and I keep this up to date as well. For my tablet, I use an NVidia Shield, with its wireless disabled. On the tablet, there are no third-party applications installed.

With regards to my use, I am a registered user. I reside in the United States. I fly every couple of weeks and I abide by the FAA rules. When I fly, all batteries are fully charged, I power-cycle the tablet before its use with the RC. I also ensure the tablet is running without any power optimization features enabled. It is attached to the RC using a short 8-inch cable. Suffice to say, I am safe, methodical when it comes to flying. ;)

With this all being said, I am pleased to say I have *never* had an issue flying my drone in the area(s) I fly. In fact, I visit the same, open grassy fields, near a lake, a fair distance away from residential areas. It is the perfect location to practice my flying skills, etc. Moreover, while I have always enjoyed using my drone, it is recently with an update to the DJI GO 4 application, I am encountering an issue I cannot overcome.

For unknown reasons, starting with 4.0.9 the DJI Go 4 application is frequently displaying every 10-15 seconds, "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up messages. This is something very, very new. Never, have I encountered this message before until after I updated to 4.0.9.

In my effort to troubleshoot, I have uninstalled the application, and re-installed it. I have also tried it on a Nexus 7 Tablet with the same results.

I am very confident there are no issues with the drone itself. And I know there are no issues with the tablet(s) I have used. The only issue remaining is the DJI GO 4 application itself and what changes were introduced with the 4.0.9 release. What is curious is that the drone does not appear to exhibit any issues with flying, control, response, video, etc. As far as I can see, it is still working perfectly, but this pop-up message keeps popping up every fifteen seconds and because it is impossible to know if the message is legitimate or a false alarm; it is a cause for concern every time it appears.

Recently, I saw the update to 4.1.0 and hoping this would resolve the issue, I updated the application, but the issue persists. As a result, I have since downloaded and installed a third party application, i.e. Litchi for use with the Phantom 4 and tried it to see if the issue occurs with this application. It does not. In fact, it works very well.

I would prefer to revert to using the DJI Go 4 application, but at present, there is something amiss with it.

Is it possible the logic behind displaying this message may be "too" sensitive?

I am at a loss, other than to not use the DJI GO 4 (4.1.0) application. This message "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" appears to be false as I do not experience it if I use the Litchi application.

For reference I am using the following:
Phantom 4 drone running 01.02.0602
nVidia Shield running DJI GO 4 v4.1.0 (87-gpTablet)
Remote Controller running 1.8.0

Are others experiencing this issue after having updated to 4.0.9 or 4.1.0?
I agree with the Litchi users that this happens in DJI Go and not Litchi; however; I most notice this when I am in my own home doing firmware upgrades on the DJI Go app ( I live in a townhouse). I personally think it's the microwave ovens and routers causing it (due to frequencies); but that's just my speculation. However, you may be flying in areas where the frequencies are overlapping and/or "brute force" interference may be occurring.

I do on occasion, lose signal with Litchi, after 2000 feet distance, even though I'm within line of sight. In those cases, I wait, turn the bird slowly around, the last time I raised the bird 100 feet to get better a better signal, and continue with the flight. I've never had a crash, and the footage from the bird doesn't show signal loss (although Litchi reports signal loss from the remote to the bird). The bird responds to the commands I've given it (whether in real time or delayed I can't tell). It started to occur quite a bit about a month ago, and this concerned me. I did have to uninstall Litchi and reinstall it after an operating system upgrade (Android).

I have experienced the same problem on my p4's maiden flight (dji app 4.1.2). I was at an open space, a soccer field actually , and the message was all the time on my screen. The same message appears in my home too but I guess this is normal due to Wi-Fis...

I have experienced the same problem on my p4's maiden flight (dji app 4.1.2). I was at an open space, a soccer field actually , and the message was all the time on my screen. The same message appears in my home too but I guess this is normal due to Wi-Fis...
I tried the latest upgraded firmware (twice actually - I have a P4P+) and it caused many issues NOT previously existing in any of the previous upgrades. I am now running the V1.1.3.0 RC firmware and in the AC ... 01.03.0509 (designed to work together) ... these are the releases published just prior to the most recent one that everyone is having issues with. After logging in once I have turned off auto-update via LAN and also the WIFI connection so any new software can't come in without my knowledge. I always answer "delay, ignore, later", etc. if asked to update by the auto check service that always runs when starting up the RC.
Once DJI gets all of the current release issues fixed and releases a new corrected-package AND it has had time for users to test thoroughly (a month or so), IF it is sound, I will allow an update to occur. I have over $2K tied up in hardware and want it to work reliably !!!

Last edited:
I'm having exactly the same error message, and I contacted DJI support yesterday. First I recieved a mail telling me that I have to calibrate the compass and just minutes ago I recieved a second answer. In this mail the agent is asking me to send the drone to them for repair after the calibration(!). I think to The Nederlands.

This makes me both happy and sad. Happy that DJI seems to take responsibility for their products, and sad because this is in the middle of the season. I'm fortunate to have lots of customers standing in line, and I have only one drone.
I'm goint to lose money, customers and reputation due to circumstances I cannot control. This sucks big time.. I replied and told them what I just wrote, and gave them a suggestion: "Send me a replacement drone, and I'll return the one I have".. Let's see what the result is.

Sorry for my bad English! ;)

Last edited:
I don't get on here often, I usually refer to YouTube for questions but I had to say something cause I see someone else is experiencing similar issues as I am. Lemme start off by saying. My Mavic is currently at DJI or hopefully on its way back due to a camera issue. Warranty covered.

But onto why this sparked my curiosity because I have a P3S (needs camera) & a P3A that was fine until I updated it 2days ago. I went out to fly & did the compass calibration & everything especially after new update. After letting the aircraft warm up & "the home point is located on the map". It went green in the top left corner with the P-gps. As soon as I took off (even tried auto takeoff) at about 3-4 ft in the air... All of a sudden I started seeing the "strong interference" & other warnings..... Then it just went absolutely apeshit. I couldn't even control my P3A. It was like it was in Super-Extreme Atti mode. Luckily the first time I was able to put it down in some tall grass. But I went through everything & made sure nothing was damaged, camera was fine. Also checked flight data but that wasn't much help. Then I went out the next day, thinking it was just a fluke....
Nope even worse. This time I was just trying to bring it down but it had a mind of its own, I had no control. Hit emergency land & it was trying to come down but at the same time still flying totally erratically. Then gets close to the ground & I was hoping it would just land but instead it flips over crashed down & the motors go to full throttle & wouldn't stop, even when I held completely down on the stick to stop motors nothin Only once I put the sticks to both outer bottom corners did it finally stop... Of the 4 DJI Drones (1 P3S, 2 Advanced & a Mavic Pro) I've never seen this before with any of them, until the one Adv. that I'm speaking of. And the messed up part, there were no warnings that came up until I was about ten ft. up. Anyways if anyone can offer any insight or feedback I would be truly grateful & appreciative.

I don't know what the rules are but am I able to put contact info on here ? I won't for now. I'll just make a point to check back... Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20