Strong Arm Reinforcement

Reaction score
Hi. Have my P3P about 4 months now without problem. Seeing all the threads about cracks, I am wondering if I should go ahead to install the Arm Reinforcements to prevent cracks from happening. I know DJI is repairing it under warranty but I rather avoid it if I can. Second question is whether installing the Arms will void my warranty? TIA for your comment.

The jury is still out on whether or not these arm reinforcements do anything. In fact, some people still see cracks form after installing them. It would be nice to have some kind of statistical data to show whether or not they are effective.

As for the warranty, installing any 3rd components could void parts of the warranty. It's really DJI's call. I've never heard of anyone being denied a warranty claim for installing these though.

Hi. Have my P3P about 4 months now without problem. Seeing all the threads about cracks, I am wondering if I should go ahead to install the Arm Reinforcements to prevent cracks from happening. I know DJI is repairing it under warranty but I rather avoid it if I can. Second question is whether installing the Arms will void my warranty? TIA for your comment.
Since this gets asked frequently, here are some threads with the same question so you can get a few data points for your decision:

Brand new P3P should I fit strong arm plates now?

should i fit some sort of strong arms?

UAV Bits strong arms

Reactions: JoBe
I was wondering the same thing about voiding the warranty. I have the UAV Bits ones, and I had them on, but then saw a bunch of posts about possibly voiding my warranty so I took them off... been wondering about it ever since... was thinking of putting them back on again.... ugh...

I think you are better off not messing with your bird. I had stress cracks on mine sent it in and they fixed it. Really fast fix. I got it back put the strong arms on it and flew it about 100 miles I noticed the cracks again. first bird went almost 200 miles before I saw crack. So not sure if it works. I am replacing the shell myself this time just because I need a project to keep me busy waiting for my Mavic to arrive.

Thanks m0j0 for the advise. Maybe I'll just leave it alone, not mess with it, and hope for the best.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4