Strobe Lights

Do you think it would be possible to remove the LED's from the board and mount them remotely?

Also, anyway to sync them together so they all flash in time? Would look so much more professional.

RCRookie said:
Here is a quick and easy, temporary alternative to having to solder the Strobon lights. This bike light is not as bright of a strobe, but it installs in seconds.

Quick and Easy strobe Headlight for the Vision/Phantom
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10811

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVACGiIt9Q[/youtube]

Mine arrived today, ordered after seeing the other thread.

Does not seem to want to work properly. I am assuming each push of the switch is a different mode. Only one seems to be working.

Red lights at side flash slow, fast, static and off. But lights on front only work in the first mode (slow flashing). In all the rest the lights at the front do not work.

Am I missing something?

tupes said:
Still haven't received my strobes yet. Has anyone else got them in and installed yet?
Mine has said "Preparing Shipment" now for the last 14 days now. :?

Where did you order from? Flytron shipped mine really quickly, arrived in under a week....
Of course I've not got further than bench testing them - *very* bright ... where's a time machine when you need it??

Encantador said:
RCRookie said:
Here is a quick and easy, temporary alternative to having to solder the Strobon lights. This bike light is not as bright of a strobe, but it installs in seconds.

Quick and Easy strobe Headlight for the Vision/Phantom
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10811

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVACGiIt9Q[/youtube]

Mine arrived today, ordered after seeing the other thread.

Does not seem to want to work properly. I am assuming each push of the switch is a different mode. Only one seems to be working.

Red lights at side flash slow, fast, static and off. But lights on front only work in the first mode (slow flashing). In all the rest the lights at the front do not work.

Am I missing something?

No..each push of the button should be different..mine has 3 positions. alternating strobe/simultaneous strobe/steady on/then off.

gpauk said:
Where did you order from? Flytron shipped mine really quickly, arrived in under a week....
Of course I've not got further than bench testing them - *very* bright ... where's a time machine when you need it??
I ordered from flytron and I received an email said my order shipped on the 18th. But I'm unable to track it.

vytumybe.jpg

Here is the key - "you should use your local postal company`s tracking services when it`s on your country."
What they are saying is that the Turkey postal system cannot track your order in the US. Just plug in the number they gave you to in your email to the USPS tracker and your golden.

I got that same email first, then a little later that day they sent the second with a tracker. Your order number is about a 100 less than mine.

I received my lights today. As I figured you get exactly what is pictured and nothing more, so if you order this kit be prepared to do some soldering. Not a big deal for me but maybe a deal breaker for some others. I will post back when I get the time to set them up.
I don't know if they are comparable or not but the HobbyKing versions are a LOT cheaper but they are always on backorder. Thats why I spent the extra on these.

Heres a photo of what I got...

6qut20.jpg

Can you sync them together? And does it look like its possible to remove the LED from the board so I can hide the boards away and just have the strobes on view?

LuvMyTJ said:
I received my lights today. As I figured you get exactly what is pictured and nothing more, so if you order this kit be prepared to do some soldering. Not a big deal for me but maybe a deal breaker for some others. I will post back when I get the time to set them up.
I don't know if they are comparable or not but the HobbyKing versions are a LOT cheaper but they are always on backorder. Thats why I spent the extra on these.

6qut20.jpg

nice looking strobe , don't forget to record a video while you made it to your phantom and share with us! :mrgreen:

LuvMyTJ said:

6qut20.jpg

I have the same kit and am waiting on a clever guy showing me how to do this LOL Awaiting your post ;)

neiloakley said:
Can you sync them together? And does it look like its possible to remove the LED from the board so I can hide the boards away and just have the strobes on view?

I haven't looked into how I will wire them yet but it appears they could be easily removed from the board.

n50mbk.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20