Strobe Lights

I installed my flytron strobes today and there awesome however I'm crap at install videos :lol: , I did have a video of them in the air but after reading the post on the guy in new Zealand I'm not posting it sorry.

I've got a clip before take off so will post that, for fitting you will need a 5 volt supply, I wired a dc to dc converter form the main battery, 11.1v in and 5v out and mounted inside the p2v beside the naza, I've mounted the strobe pcb's right on the ends of the arms and drilled a small hole beside the motor for the cables to run inside the arms, I've got the lights facing upwards, I done this as for 1 they can be seen from aircraft above and also the light hits the white props and bounces back down and when the timing is right give a larger light area, or if you don't want them to face upwards its easy to turn the board around facing downwards, I've got 2 white strobes on the back arms and 1 red strobe on the front left arm and 1 green strobe on the front right arm, there very bright and they give very good orientation in the dark ;)
will post a clip in the garden soon :D

Not sure why you aren't posting the video of it flying because if the guy from New Zealand. I'm on my phone but I don't see his post. What's the problem?

Take a video of it flying in your darkened basement. :lol:
I will be adding some to mine mainly for daytime spotting sooner or later.

LuvMyTJ said:
Take a video of it flying in your darkened basement. :lol:
I will be added some to mine mainly for daytime spotting sooner or later.

Or bathroom with the lights off. Close the shower curtain. Turn the stink fan on.

NEILS how long did it take for you to get them in? I ordered them from flytron and they are based out if turkey. Hopefully it don't take to long.

About the same amount of time to the uk 1 1/2 weeks.

The main hassle fitting is installing the 5 volt reg due to not much room left with everything else I've fitted inside the shell :) .

I mentioned timing, its great when the light hits the props as they nearly look like full disks of light, the downside is the timing changes and the flashes do end up missing the props until the rate changes again and they start hitting again.

The lights have a very wide viewing angle so even eye level the flashes are intense.

I think fitting on the arms is the best place as it really does help with orientation.

2 white = back to you
1 red & 1 green = front on
1 red & 1 white = facing left
1 green & 1 white = facing right

The only downside I have came across so far is the sticky pads holding the pcb's are not the perfect solution, I awoke this morning to 2 boards had fell off and hung by the cable.
Solution would be, each pcb has 2 screw holes, finding the correct small screws and attaching under the arms beside the motor bolts, just make sure the screws are small enough as not to hit motors and they will be fine :D

Could someone please post a picture of the install inside the phantom and where did they purchase the 5v regulator from .

Looks awesome... Could these be done so that you have two strobes on the rear arms, then use a SMD LED headlight that stays on... mounted to front of the Vision... Could the headlight use the same battery as the strobes i guess is the pertinent question.

Or perhaps 2 red front strobes, 2 green rear strobes... Plus the "always on" SMD LED headlight?

Use something like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-10Pcs..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item5658110277

There are many types out there that all do the same job however size and weight matters so above is a good one to use.
The listing is for 10 units however I'm sure you'll be able to get a single one.
Also check in and out voltage as some are not variable like this one and have fixed input and output voltages.

you could also make your own if you can solder, just google "5 volt voltage regulator circuit"

I soldered the input wires to the main battery wires on the pcb (add a fuse if you want), connect the outputs to a multi tester and turn the screw until its showing anything from 5v to 5.5v, add your cables to the strobe pcbs (doesn't need the signal wire just + and - wires) then solder all + wires to the voltage reg + output and the - wires to the - output on the voltage reg.

Use something like a double sided foam pad to fix the voltage reg pcb to the left hand side of the p2v naza, make sure nothing on the solder side of the voltage regulator can short out on the main phantom pcb, maybe use some heat shrink to cover the pcb.

Can I just add, I'm a Modder, I do this sort of thing all the time, if your unsure about doing any of this then DONT.

I know I'm crap at explaining things so hopefully someone will come along and make a tutorial, a tutorial and the correct parts will simplify things a lot.

Even better someone that wants to make a kit for the p2v with all parts needed with instructions ;)

Any amount of lights can be added as long as the voltage reg can handle it :D

Hardluck2go said:
I ordered from Flytron and arrived in about a week and a half, much faster than expected.

Yeah, I was impressed by that, I ordered some strobon lights, got here in less than a week.. Mind You I'd assumed flytron were in the far east, turns out they are in Turkey...

LuvMyTJ said:
tupes said:
I saw those also but they don't appear to be as bright as the strobon. When I get mine in I'm going to post a video.

Actually they look like the same LED on a slightly different board. Until you test them side by side you will not know which is brighter judging by videos here. Camera settings can make it look brighter than it is the same way I can make a night shot look like it is daytime. I will report back when I receive them.

Just received mine from the other side of the world (Hobby Kings warehouse), not very impressed really. I suppose for £3.50 each your not going to get anything amazingly bright.

You cant even see them after flying out further that 30metres, at 49 seconds I turn on my 1watt led which you can definitely see :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB0eGZM ... e=youtu.be

Yeah your right, not real bright are they. I ended up canceling my HK order due to an indefinite back order. Ordered from Flytron instead for more $$$. By the way, if you stay on the HK page long enough a pop up will offer you a discount. I was getting the single strobes for $2 and change.
Could you share more details on the single white light you turned on at the end of the vid?

LuvMyTJ said:
Yeah your right, not real bright are they. I ended up canceling my HK order due to an indefinite back order. Ordered from Flytron instead for more $$$. By the way, if you stay on the HK page long enough a pop up will offer you a discount. I was getting the single strobes for $2 and change.
Could you share more details on the single white light you turned on at the end of the vid?

It's a custom built, I think 1watt white led with heatsink. Wired up to a turnigy remote control switch that is plugged into the naza x1 port If I remember correctly. The gimbal tilt lever port anyway.

Impressive at night, lights up everything in front at close distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers