Stripped screw.

thanks...i'll take a look and get some friends who are handy with all these tools to help me out.

no one in the washington dc area who can assist?

Look at the project, look at it again, make sure you have the proper tools, look at the project again, then proceed. Saves a great deal of frustration! Remember, it is just a electro- mechanical device, therefore, it cannot be stupid!

Tom Franzson said:
Look at the project, look at it again, make sure you have the proper tools, look at the project again, then proceed. Saves a great deal of frustration! Remember, it is just a electro- mechanical device, therefore, it cannot be stupid!

yes i am the stupid one. dont let the handle name fool you. lol

OI Photography said:
thegenius said:
hey there..
im having the same problem. i just bought the phantom and as i was preparing to open to make all these magical customizations two of my tiny screws are stripped. can you lend some advice on what you did to resolve this?

There's some good tips here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27432

In the future, always remove the screws on the ends of the arm before removing any of the hex-head bolts, it makes them much easier to unscrew.

thanks. i called my friend who works with tools daily. he came over and said "**** alll u eff'd up that screw" then cursed at it saying for such an expensive piece of equipment the screws are really flimsy but with his determination and my motivation he was able to use a little saw to get a little groove then use another tiny pliers to hold it and twist it right off. it took him about 30 mins. and the cosmetic damage is minimal.

thanks alot for everyones advice.

Stripped a bolt in my controller trying to fit my new antenna, it’s the bolt under the thing to pan he camera up and down, what do I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 251
If you have some UV glue you could try a single drop into the stripped head and then while holding screwdriver in place, cure the glue with the light. If not UV glue, maybe superglue, aka zap. But be careful with the superglue, use thick not thin or it could run into places you don’t want.

Of course all suggestions are at your own risk.

BTW, kicker will set the superglue immediately, but I don’t know if it could hurt the plastic.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic