Stripped Prop Threads? - HELP!!!!!!!

Reaction score
HI I NEED HELP ONE PROPELLER WONT COME OFF MY PHANTOM AND I TRYED THE WRENCH AND STILL NOTHING IT'S SPINNING BUT IT IS NOT COMING OFF PLEASE HELP!!!

Are you sure you're turning it in the correct direction? If you are, then maybe you stripped the threads. Try pulling up on the prop with a bit of pressure as you turn it.

Are you sure you're turning it in the correct direction? If you are, then maybe you stripped the threads. Try pulling up on the prop with a bit of pressure as you turn it.
At this point it turns both way and I tryed pulling it up and nothing

I guess the next step is to carefully cut it off.

Did you hand tighten on install or did you use the wrench?
Did the prop hit the ground in anyway and further tightened on impact?

Maybe try to get more leverage by using small plastic/aluminium pipes to hold the wrench and prop.
Captain obvious says to look at the direction of install and go opposite to open :)

Make sure you look at the risk involved.. maybe pay $$$ an expert to remove. If you end up damaging the thread on the motor, it may end up costing a bit.

I'd try squeezing the prop hub tightly with vise grip pliers and unscrewing the prop with the vise grips while keeping the wench on the motor.

HI I NEED HELP ONE PROPELLER WONT COME OFF MY PHANTOM AND I TRYED THE WRENCH AND STILL NOTHING IT'S SPINNING BUT IT IS NOT COMING OFF PLEASE HELP!!!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.
I edited your title so it is descriptive. Please don't make titles like "help", "look here", "Now What?", etc. That way members know what you are looking for and they don't have to guess. Also, do not use all caps. Please turn off the cap lock.

Phantom props do not need to be tightened on with the wrench. I give them a gentle snug with my wrench but even that is not really called for. As far as your dilemma, I would recommend cutting it off like mentioned in a prior post. Get a sharp utility razor knife and carefully cut it down until you can cut it free. Wear a knife cutting glove or heavy leather gloves. Be absolutely sure you are removing them in the correct direction.

Reactions: dirkclod
metal cutting pliers. you can say goodbye to that prop, but you can still save the motor.

I'd try squeezing the prop hub tightly with vise grip pliers and unscrewing the prop with the vise grips while keeping the wench on the motor.

Bingo! It sounds like the prop is spinning on the metal hub. A little pressure will be enough to get the prop to bite on the hub. Seen it before.

A mark on the hub with a sharpie will confirm if this is what is happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20