stress cracks on new PSA new motors

DJI is way ahead of the competition when it comes to the electronics in ttheir craft. Now it's about time they concentrate on the quality of the plastics.

There is NO company that doesnt have some production problems. NONE

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Some things are tough, injection molding a robust frame should not be. What other MR company has this problem with their frames?

DJI is way ahead of the competition when it comes to the electronics in ttheir craft. Now it's about time they concentrate on the quality of the plastics.
They have made significant reinforcement changes to the new shells which will most likely solve this issue.

Some things are tough, injection molding a robust frame should not be. What other MR company has this problem with their frames?
I didnt say anything about injection molding issues. Its issues in general. I will agree that the cracks suck, and should have never been an issue. But DJI has taken responsibility for the problem and offered a very simple solution. Now its in the hands of the owners. If YOU (figuratively) dont WANT to have the replacement parts installed the its YOUR fault you have cracks.

To compare, lets look at the Solo. Or at GoPro specifically. They took almost an extra YEAR to produce a gimble as promised. And they never solved the over-heating camera issues in the Hero 4. Toyota just recalled another 2 MILLION cars!!! For a window regulator switch. A stupid simple switch! Toyota has been making cars FAR longer than DJI has been a sparkle in some bright eyed little boy.

There is the new shell version.....i don`t read many people talk about it....

Both pictures are not in focus where the issue is. Try macro mode or something

That spot is rare period. And I've cracked every phantom I've ever owned in spite of never having had a crash. But never in that location. Definitely worthy of a free shell. Anyway, phantoms should be bought in two. One to store, other to fly until cracked. Send it in, wait two months while flying the one that was stored. Other comes in from repair, store it until present flying unit cracks and so forth. That's how I do it.

I backed my shell screws out a half turn and no issues so far, saw a video on you tube about it

Reactions: bobmyers
I didnt say anything about injection molding issues. Its issues in general. I will agree that the cracks suck, and should have never been an issue. But DJI has taken responsibility for the problem and offered a very simple solution. Now its in the hands of the owners. If YOU (figuratively) dont WANT to have the replacement parts installed the its YOUR fault you have cracks.

To compare, lets look at the Solo. Or at GoPro specifically. They took almost an extra YEAR to produce a gimble as promised. And they never solved the over-heating camera issues in the Hero 4. Toyota just recalled another 2 MILLION cars!!! For a window regulator switch. A stupid simple switch! Toyota has been making cars FAR longer than DJI has been a sparkle in some bright eyed little boy.

I totally agree
dare I mention VW/Audi???

Reactions: III% Streve
Can you link me to that data?

I'd be interested to see this information as well. I just picked up a used P3P and it has the plates on it already. If they serve no function I'd just assume remove then but would like to see some factual data and testing to back up the worthless claim.
The design looks functional since it displaces some (all be it very little) of torque from the screws.

I'd be interested to see this information as well. I just picked up a used P3P and it has the plates on it already. If they serve no function I'd just assume remove then but would like to see some factual data and testing to back up the worthless claim.
The design looks functional since it displaces some (all be it very little) of torque from the screws.

Those plates not hurting a thing and do prevent the motor from completely separating from the shell in the event of failure of all four holes. The screws will not pull thru that plate even if the motor mount fails. I would suggest keeping them on.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Well guys new drone arrived today all screws were screwed on very tightly.
I decided to unscrew each screw half a turn (flew around two flights today no cracks so far) guess my last unit was overtighten screws.

Those plates not hurting a thing and do prevent the motor from completely separating from the shell in the event of failure of all four holes. The screws will not pull thru that plate even if the motor mount fails. I would suggest keeping them on.
It makes absolutely no difference if the motor mounts crack to a degree that it totally separates. If the motor isnt aligned properly its GOING to fall from the sky! Even a degree of variation will make happen.

Can you link me to that data?
There was a VERY lengthy conversation here in another link. Search is your friend!! Mechanically speaking, the only think the plates MIGHT do is maintain alignment of the screws into the motors, which isnt a problem. And if the posts that insert into the existing holes dont fill the holes completely it is actually INCREASING stress. This was found to be the case for several people that took theirs off after a period of time and found more cracks than anyone has ever reported prior. In the end.. its your toy! Do what you want. But expect the appropriate response when it comes

It makes absolutely no difference if the motor mounts crack to a degree that it totally separates. If the motor isnt aligned properly its GOING to fall from the sky! Even a degree of variation will make happen.

There was a VERY lengthy conversation here in another link. Search is your friend!! Mechanically speaking, the only think the plates MIGHT do is maintain alignment of the screws into the motors, which isnt a problem. And if the posts that insert into the existing holes dont fill the holes completely it is actually INCREASING stress. This was found to be the case for several people that took theirs off after a period of time and found more cracks than anyone has ever reported prior. In the end.. its your toy! Do what you want. But expect the appropriate response when it comes
Once again-- you are expressing an opinion-- it is absolute in your opinion--

In some opinions-- it may not be absolute-- and a backup to the motors that prevent the screws from pulling completely through the shell would prevent a motor from coming loose and if they are tight, the motor will not become misaligned. So if some of the flyers want to use the backup plates as an ounce of prevention-- then it is not absolute to those folks. Maybe they can get it on the ground if the four mounting points failed-- at least the motor would not disconnect--- Cheers:)

I think people are getting confused between the strong arm plates and the plates that only bolt to the motor mount.

You'd have to be blind if you cant see the benefits of the strong arm plates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4