stress cracks in my P3A

Reaction score
hello everybody. I just noticed what appears to be stress cracks on 3 of the arms on my phantom 3A. the cracks are on the top part right by the motor. Im almost certain that it is out of warranty. I've had it for almost 2 years I think. Im dreading the thought of how much this might cost to get fixed. has anybody else dealt with this? is this some kind of defect that dji covers even if its out of warranty? I would pick up the phone and call them but it takes forever to get a human on the phone. also, how big of a risk is it to keep flying it in this condition?

how big of a risk is it to keep flying it in this condition?
i'v been wondering the very same thing. Mine p3p has none... yet!

You can you can contact DJI support through Email, or Online Chat, or you could try calling them but usually you can't tell what the heck they are saying! Lol!

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
hello everybody. I just noticed what appears to be stress cracks on 3 of the arms on my phantom 3A. the cracks are on the top part right by the motor. Im almost certain that it is out of warranty. I've had it for almost 2 years I think. Im dreading the thought of how much this might cost to get fixed. has anybody else dealt with this? is this some kind of defect that dji covers even if its out of warranty? I would pick up the phone and call them but it takes forever to get a human on the phone. also, how big of a risk is it to keep flying it in this condition?
Pics?

If you are out of warranty, do like I did, order a new shell and before you switch it out reinforce the arms with Plastaid. Plastaid is pretty amazing stuff. As for changing shells, it isn't that difficult if you have some patience. There are a lot of videos out there for step by step help.

+1 on the Plast-aid. Amazing stuff. Repaired my friends p3p with it. He crashed hard enough that it broke a chunk out of shell. I used a thin mix of the plastaid to glue it back together and then reinforced the missing piece from the inside with the plastaid as well. Couldn't even tell it was wrecked when i was done. Poured a thin mix in all the motor mount areas while it was apart. Almost like a "potting" material. If mine ever cracks I'll be doing the same to it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan