Stress Crack.

Reaction score
After having a slighty nicked propeller,decided to fly and bam come back with a stress crack,have DJI on the horn already and there going to repair it,they give you as much info as a dead rodent.Anybody else know how this process works?

Attachments

• crack2.jpg
    crack2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 467
How old is it ? Under a year ? Do you have the receipt ? If yes and yes, call them, they will issue a RMA, email you a shipping tag, and have you send them a copy of the receipt. Box it up, ship it... From what I have seen it is usually a 1/2 day turn around once the repair dept. gets it. They do inspect them for signs of crashed and whatnot, but short of evident visible damage, they usually get it out fast....

Does anyone can confirm DJI fixes this problem ? I`ve just noticed 2 small stress cracks by motor screws and I have only a month left till my warranty ends. However I bought it from official reseller, do not know if they admit it as a manufacturer defect.

They fixed mine no charge about 8 months after I bought it. And I had tipped it over earlier and scratched the arm where the cracks appeared.

Long sad story. Short Version, bought on eBay from a Phony dealer, was sent a wreaked p3p aircraft and controller. Bottom line I sent this to DJI and was informed the p3p has been crashed and no exchange.

Caught in a Catch 22 circle. Was offered to change ticket to repair. Had it sent back, bought a controller and shell on eBay. Cost me $250 to effect repairs. I did so because I read here on this forum that a "battery repair was $150".

I cringe to think what a repair ticket would have cost me. Never will buy another drone from DJI .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Dji puts the blame for damage on ME. Refuse to go after scammer that is claiming to be their dealer. Am working with eBay now. Dji is aiding and abetting this fraud .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

How is DJI aiding fraud? They don't know if the damage was pre existing and there are plenty of unauthorised dealers on ebay /internet. You should have gone straight away to ebay/paypal rather than attempt repairs yourself.

As the to dealer making false claims - report this to DJI and let them deal with it.

Does anyone can confirm DJI fixes this problem ? I`ve just noticed 2 small stress cracks by motor screws and I have only a month left till my warranty ends. However I bought it from official reseller, do not know if they admit it as a manufacturer defect.

Mine was fixed under warranty and I'm receiving it today just 1.5 weeks after sending it in. It was really great service.

Hey! I have recent experience in this! I sent mine off on 10-28-16 to DJI in California from Texas. It arrived on November 2nd. On November 3rd I received several emails from them. One indicating it had arrived. One indicating that the repair was covered under warranty, and one stating it was fixed and ready to be shipped back. The next day I got an email stating it was shipped, and a few days later it was in my hand. Very easy process.

For what it's worth though, I started the process via chat on DJI's website. They provided me the case number and instructions on how to ship it. In my case, I shipped it back in the original box, without any accessories or batteries. I made copies of the online chat, and I taped my name address and case number to the box for them to have easy identification. I just didn't want to take any chances on anything. They paid for shipping both ways.

Pics of the cracks -

P3A cracks. :-(

I sent mine of to my dealer after getting cracks within 3 days. Just got it back today new shell and ready to go. I ordered the strong arms just in case and they are on and ready to fly tonight when I get off work.

Here in New Zealand, i just sent it back to where I bought it form, and they handled the repair and shipping. Didn't have to pay a cent.
I recommend geting the aluminium plates to go on the bottom of the motors too. They prevent cracking and also act as good heatsinks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here in New Zealand, i just sent it back to where I bought it form, and they handled the repair and shipping. Didn't have to pay a cent.
I recommend geting the aluminium plates to go on the bottom of the motors too. They prevent cracking and also act as good heatsinks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got the Strong arms that are basically 3d printed. Which will suffice for now. What aluminum ones? Have a link by chance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers