Stress Crack - Resolved...

This forum is full of threads and posts all complaining about poor quality of the product ..which is not cheap and liable to crack. But somebody sells a "solution" which costs...from what I see online...around $50 and the " manufacturer" does not even supply a finished product .....it needs laborious sanding of the rough inner surface.....and nobody thinks it warrants a complaint?
Tha Strong Arm cost $25 and is delivered in a smooth ready to install finished condition. Sanding is only required if you want to paint them. They are now offered in silver and gold.

Tha Strong Arm cost $25 and is delivered in a smooth ready to install finished condition. Sanding is only required if you want to paint them. They are now offered in silver and gold.
$25 for the plates.$25 for shipping to Aussie. I refer to those seen in the images ...which were clearly not smooth....and which a post described the laborious sanding down. Never mentioned nor would I be interested in colour variations.
With regard....sanding is only needed if one is painting them.....why paint inside where it's not seen...and also....how can they be fitted to give support if the motor arm is sitting on the rough plastic ridges creating a gap between the two surfaces? I don't suppose everybody paints them.

This forum is full of threads and posts all complaining about poor quality of the product ..which is not cheap and liable to crack. But somebody sells a "solution" which costs...from what I see online...around $50 and the " manufacturer" does not even supply a finished product .....it needs laborious sanding of the rough inner surface.....and nobody thinks it warrants a complaint?
Think I paid $26. I sanded because I wanted to paint. Otherwise no need to. So what's to complain about??

I bought a pair then decided not to put them on. Don't feel like I should have to add anything because of a manufacture defect. With that said, I do have a set I will sell for $20. Paypal only if anyone is interested.

$25 for the plates.$25 for shipping to Aussie. I refer to those seen in the images ...which were clearly not smooth....and which a post described the laborious sanding down. Never mentioned nor would I be interested in colour variations.
With regard....sanding is only needed if one is painting them.....why paint inside where it's not seen...and also....how can they be fitted to give support if the motor arm is sitting on the rough plastic ridges creating a gap between the two surfaces? I don't suppose everybody paints them.
I think you may have received the newer style ones. The set I have are smooth.

I bought a pair then decided not to put them on. Don't feel like I should have to add anything because of a manufacture defect. With that said, I do have a set I will sell for $20. Paypal only if anyone is interested.
Hmm, well although I agree with that sentiment, I also don't want to send my P3 back for repairs and wait 2 months and I also do not want it falling out of the sky. So.. I choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Luckly DJI is improving their turn around time. Plus in a month or two itll be really cold here. So I am going to send mine in. Get new Motors, fix horizon tilt and a new shell.

Luckly DJI is improving their turn around time. Plus in a month or two itll be really cold here. So I am going to send mine in. Get new Motors, fix horizon tilt and a new shell.
New motors? Explain... How often do the motors need to be replaced??

They are ready to mount but printed with a 3D printer so a bit rough for painting.
I bet they printed them at a low resolution .4 - or higher thus the rough finish. I pint my stuff out of PETG now. It gives a glass like finish on the bed side and it is stronger than ABS. I a waiting for the cracks to start on my P3.

I bet they printed them at a low resolution .4 - or higher thus the rough finish. I pint my stuff out of PETG now. It gives a glass like finish on the bed side and it is stronger than ABS. I a waiting for the cracks to start on my P3.
Probably the demand for the product is too much for the printer to keep up with so the maker was printing at lower resolutions.

How do u send it in if there is nothing failing on the bird? I would like to send mine too for new motors as i am afraid of cracking

New motors? Explain... How often do the motors need to be replaced??

They offer a new style of motors, which I think the board had to be replaced, someone correct me if im wrong. If im going to send it in I am going to get all my issues/potential issues taken care of at the same time.

How do u send it in if there is nothing failing on the bird? I would like to send mine too for new motors as i am afraid of cracking

Apparently im the only one on this forum that would like to correct issues such as horizon tilt, stress cracks ect rather then put a band aid on it. I will fight to get it under warranty, if not ill pay for it. My phantom is useless to me with Horizon tilt. I have spoke to DJI and they said send it in. Im just waiting another month or two until it gets cold here.

Apparently im the only one on this forum that would like to correct issues such as horizon tilt, stress cracks ect rather then put a band aid on it. I will fight to get it under warranty, if not ill pay for it. My phantom is useless to me with Horizon tilt.

You're not alone.
Just sent mine in today for shell cracks but I'm definitely going to inquire about motor replacement while they have it.

Apparently im the only one on this forum that would like to correct issues such as horizon tilt, stress cracks ect rather then put a band aid on it. I will fight to get it under warranty, if not ill pay for it. My phantom is useless to me with Horizon tilt. I have spoke to DJI and they said send it in. Im just waiting another month or two until it gets cold here.
No i want to send it in too anything else is half measures but the question is my bird is fine there are no cracks no other issues and i flew it only round 10 times. Will they accept it in just because i am worried of the potential craks nd i want the new motors and sell ?

You're not alone.
Just sent mine in today for shell cracks but I'm definitely going to inquire about motor replacement while they have it.
When u send yours in did you have to send the controller too or just the bird?

Controller went with the bird.
They were actually quite helpful answering questions (via telephone) about what they needed to facilitate the RMA.
I have moded my RC i think they won't accept the return. Don't know what to do...

I have moded my RC i think they won't accept the return. Don't know what to do...
Why wouldn't they accept the return? It probably wouldnt be covered under warranty but they should still fix it.

Just tell them you misplaced it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20