Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stress Crack on Brand New P3A

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Neo2ooo, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Neo2ooo

Hi guys, I am new to the forums and wanted to share my story. Today I received a brand new P3A from bestbuy.com. I took it up for a quick 10 minute flight. When I brought it down and started putting it away I noticed a crack by one of the motors that was not there when I took off. Is this something that is common with these or did I just have really bad luck? Also best buy is having a sale on the P3P for 1159 with an extra battery. Should I just go with the P3P or stay with the P3A? I am attaching a picture for reference.

2. Mario_SB

Bust out your warranty dude. That needs to get fixed. About the P3P... the only difference is the 4K camera. Unless you have the computing power to edit your 4K videos then I would recommend sticking with the Advanced. Everything I shoot in 4K I then have to covert to 1080p so I can edit and even view on some older computers. I own an early 2015 Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM and 256SSD.

3. mirrorimage

Order the new replacement shell on amazon for $78. Contact and nag DJI support for the next 30 days and they'll offer you 50% off a new drone if you negotiate. Then buy it and just sell it for full price.

4. alokbhargava

I have different opinion. If you are getting P3P at that discounted price, go for it. You can set the camera to perform like P3A any time but you can't do the other way. You should not repent later that why did you not go for P3P.

Choice is yours.

5. mphsjeep

I would take that sucker right back to Best Buy and get a new one. This time of year they will swap anything with a receipt.

6. aka1ceman

^This is the advantage with Best Buy. Disadvantage is that most of them are the older variations (not sure if this is bad or not)
    Although I chose to purchase from a local DJI dealer who can repair in house.

7. Neo2ooo

That's what I did and upgraded to the P3P in the process. Best Buy gave me no problems.

8. aka1ceman

I do notice old style motors in the pic.

9. Neo2ooo

The new P3P I got from Best Buy had the new motors. Looks like they had a bunch of old advances at the warehouse and that's what they sent me.

10. TC Malker

There you go. You're guarantee ZERO cracks with the new motors.

11. MattyDread