Stress crack on arm of P4P

Reaction score
Howdy All,

Have never crashed drone, flipped after landing twice and noticed crack had appeared today. Has anyone else experienced this type of failure.

Still under warranty, but how would I fix this issue please

Attachments

• IMG_1526718262.403476.jpg
    IMG_1526718262.403476.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 490
If under warranty as you say, why would YOU fix this - unless you are saying it’s not covered under warranty?

If under warranty as you say, why would YOU fix this - unless you are saying it’s not covered under warranty?

Just checked vendors website, they say warranty for frame. We will s what Australian consumer law saws about that

Just checked vendors website, they say warranty for frame. We will s what Australian consumer law saws about that

It’s not clear in you messages what happened, are you saying whilst you were landing it flipped? (Confused by your first remark ‘never crashed’ because nobody has crashed until their first crash.) If there was a crash (flip counts) why do you believe warranty comes into things?

Thanks everyone, I was at a drone conference and was telling people about how I had two cracked P4P arms and was showing where it cracked on another drone and looked and it was also cracked

DJI Phantom 4 Shell Replacement

Since cracks normally form on the lower half around the vents it's an easier job just to change the bottom shell. I also have a theory that if you glue the vents to the shell it will give more strength to the high stress areas.

Thanks for the link. Great info. Well done.

Paul C

DJI Phantom 4 Shell Replacement

Since cracks normally form on the lower half around the vents it's an easier job just to change the bottom shell. I also have a theory that if you glue the vents to the shell it will give more strength to the high stress areas.

That guide is great. But it makes me aware of how much of a royal PITA this is going to be when my shell shows up.

Here in the US, the DJI repiar shop seems fairly reasonable, (not sure about near you). Mine cracked on the bottom vent when a storm was rolling and the wind was changing rapidly. There is a learning curve to doing this, if you are good at repair there are some youtube videos. But after doing mine, it is a fairly intricate job for the first time after the learning curve, it gets easier. Might be easier for someone who does this on a regular basis, just a suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119