Stress Crack...... Now what???

Reaction score
Was reading a lot online that people have found stress cracks in the arms of their Phantoms. As soon as I read this I checked out my P3P that I have had since 11/22/2015. To my dismay I found what looked like a tiny scratch coming out of one of my motor mount screws. Well it wasn't a scratch it is a **** stress crack. It is a shame but the luck that I have. I have not done any work on my P3P or removed any of the screws in question. (Purchased from B&H Photo NYC)
What do I do next ?
Will DJI fix this or do I have to order a shell myself?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Contact DJI support. I believe they have been fixing/replacing cracked shells. At least that is what their forum appears to indicate.

You should contact DJI. It should be covered by their warranty.

Also contact B&H

Yea I did all of the above before I put this out but wanted to see if I got anything else such as fix it yourself. Literally after I made this new post and then reloaded my page I noticed another person posted that his cracked again. While reading that one person says to fix it yourself cause it take Months for DJI to fix it. Anyone have this problem?

How many cracks have led to structural failure? I only recall one.

this is what i do on every bird i get in the shop now.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG
image6.JPG
image7.JPG

Thanks for the input. That fix is probably what i am going to do

That is a great idea but it's ******** and we shouldn't have to do that. Now what happens if I do that and then something serious happens and they see I glued the copter as a precaution, will that void the warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj