Strengthening mounts to stop cracks

Reaction score
just a question
I have the strengthening mounts and the longer length bolts that come with them.
I wanted to try precautionary strengthening to prevent possible cracks.

I understand that I have to take off the original bolts and then mount these.

My worry is that by using these heX bolts myself I will cause problems because I'm not accurately able to torque them to the correct torque settings
Which I believe was one symptom of cracking to start with? With older p3p?

I have p3p and it has new motors and about a month old.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449764425.198130.jpg

Please ask the vendor of these mounts if the screws will work for the new motors. You got to be very careful in using the right screws.

Secondly, are these parts from a known good manufacturer? We should avoid buying from unknown source.

Thirdly, do you want to use prop guards too? If yes, then, you don't need these pieces.

i would go with UAV BITS Strong arm.
theese fit perfect.
i have a set just waiting to be put on my Phantom3

theese fit perfect.
What u waitin for bigdawg? Get em on there they work and they look cool[emoji41]

theese fit perfect.
Mine are on the way.

A classic illustration of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!!
Am I correct in understanding you are advocating to not do anything until you see cracks. At which point, if under warranty, send it back to DJI for repair (if it aint broke, the process, don't fix it). If not under warranty, then either add the kit or get another new shell?

No preventive measure or precautions even if the change is fully reversible?

Am I correct in understanding you are advocating to not do anything until you see cracks. At which point, if under warranty, send it back to DJI for repair (if it aint broke, the process, don't fix it). If not under warranty, then either add the kit or get another new shell?

No preventive measure or precautions even if the change is fully reversible?

I put these on the day I received my P3, as I thought I might sometimes want to use the prop guards, and to prevent the cracking...it comes with the correct screws:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFX2L6G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Good points here.
The kit comes from a reputable eBay seller. I can't see much difference between them.

I'm not putting on prop guards.

But my question is more about over torquing the screws regardless of the kit.

What's the correct setting for these screws. And then won't I have to check that they are tight all them time ?
I'm thinking once I break the seal of the factory fitted originals with these.

I put the uav strong arms on two months ago before any flights. Glad I did as I see no cracks after nearly 60 flights. No longer worried about the crack problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.