Strengthen weak points with cable ties.

Reaction score
After I crashed my P3A I was told by the people I bought it from that it would cost more to repair than it would cost to buy a new one as it needed a new main board, new gimbal and a new body. I found the week point in the shell is in the middle between the screws that hold it together on the underside near the landing gear. It is only held together here with snap in clips. So after I straightened the bent gimble, soldered the compass and camera connectors onto the main board I screwed it back together. Apart from a slightly distorted body at one of the above mentioned week point it started and flies like a new one. To improve the strength of the body I have used 4 cable ties, one around each arm of the body just in the armpit. See photo. Had they been there when it crashed the body would not be distorted and it would be 100% as good as new. I have flown several hours since and all works fine.
Does anyone know if this fix could be problematic?
CABLE TIES.jpg

Reactions: pomonabill220
Nice job

Lol... 'armpit" Good description! Thanks for the tip too!

That's right where my P3A tweaked also. I have the strong arms on the end but it bulged out right there and I popped it back in as good I could. The zip ties look like some good added prevention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4