Strange whirring sound after adding FPV setup

Reaction score
I'm kind of uneducated when it comes to all the accessories, so forgive me if I say something wrong.

I recently purchased and installed the Flysight Black Pearl FPV kit to my Phantom 2 V2 and H3-3D gimbal and, surprisingly, got it to work on the first power up. I haven't attached everything to the body yet (just wanted to make sure I had all the connections correct first). I used the DJI hub and also added the iOSDmini.

When I fired it up, everything seemed fine, but then the gimbal motors started whirring for a few seconds, then they'd stop. Then they'd whir again, almost as if it felt out of calibration or out of balance. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or would video of this help anyone help me diagnose?

Thanks in advance!

-Patrick

Is the GoPro properly secured onto the gimbal? I had that problem when I used rubber bands. Went back to the original bracket and never had that random buzzing since.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea I have the Hero 4 Silver attached with the plastic bracket. I know the Hero4s can cause some balance issues with the h3-3d, but didn't get the impression that was the issue here.

I'm kind of uneducated when it comes to all the accessories, so forgive me if I say something wrong.

I recently purchased and installed the Flysight Black Pearl FPV kit to my Phantom 2 V2 and H3-3D gimbal and, surprisingly, got it to work on the first power up. I haven't attached everything to the body yet (just wanted to make sure I had all the connections correct first). I used the DJI hub and also added the iOSDmini.

When I fired it up, everything seemed fine, but then the gimbal motors started whirring for a few seconds, then they'd stop. Then they'd whir again, almost as if it felt out of calibration or out of balance. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or would video of this help anyone help me diagnose?

Thanks in advance!

-Patrick

Patrick post a video of what the gimbal is doing.

Ok, here is a video of what it's doing:

You'll notice a few things:
- The whirring sound
- The video transmission issue while the whirring is happening
- The gimbal tilts itself a few degrees while it's happening.

Any ideas? I'm excited to try everything out but not willing to risk burning up the motors in the gimbal for a test flight until I have this resolved.

Looks like the tilt motor is wigging out.
tape a small coin to the side of the tilt motor and see if that stops the whirring.
Another thing to look at is to redo the tilt calibration just to make sure its not giving phantom inputs.
Let us know how you go..

Ok I did what both Jason and Mako79 suggested and it appears to be up and running fine now! I did a hard reset on the gimbal and taped a penny to the tilt motor.

Thanks guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub