Strange video playback problem

Reaction score
Hi - this is my first post here.

I took my P3P for its first flight a few days ago and shot some video at 1080p, then tried to play it back on my Toshiba laptop using the VLC video player. I got the first frame up, but that was all - the progress bar moved normally, but all that appeared on the screen was that first frame. When clicked on the track of the progress bar, I got a fraction of a second of video from that part of the file then it froze again. Everywhere I clicked on the progress bar, all I got was a tiny snatch of video for that part of the file.

Then I tried playing the video with Toshiba's own player and it played perfectly. The same thing happens with all four of the videos I've made so far.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here? The videos were in MP4 BTW.

Is it only P3 videos that won't play in your VLC?
Have you rebooted your laptop?
Downloaded the latest VLC?

Hi - this is my first post here.

I took my P3P for its first flight a few days ago and shot some video at 1080p, then tried to play it back on my Toshiba laptop using the VLC video player. I got the first frame up, but that was all - the progress bar moved normally, but all that appeared on the screen was that first frame. When clicked on the track of the progress bar, I got a fraction of a second of video from that part of the file then it froze again. Everywhere I clicked on the progress bar, all I got was a tiny snatch of video for that part of the file.

Then I tried playing the video with Toshiba's own player and it played perfectly. The same thing happens with all four of the videos I've made so far.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here? The videos were in MP4 BTW.

I would reinstall the VLC

also try GOM Player it plays anything so far I needed. Also lets me get nice screen grabs from the videos.

What are you computer specs.. Might be an issue of not enough computing power.

I was thinking the same thing, or that he recorded in 4k and didn't realize it thus the pc issue.

Though he did say that the same video played perfectly on his laptop's native player.

Though he did say that the same video played perfectly on his laptop's native player.
Eddiek, I would also say its a laptop problem. You could try other players like the windows media player or your mobile phone/tablet.
Another idea is to post it here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj