Strange problem DJI Go not connecting

Reaction score
P3P has been faultless never a single problem. Last flight 2 weeks ago was perfect.
Everything stored in a case and hasn't been moved so no knocks.
I am using a very old version of DJI Go never updated anything.
Went to fly today lovely weather. Controller powered up fine. Phantom powered up fine. DJI Go not connecting to the camera.
Spent ages fiddling around nothing. Tried 2 different leads nothing. Tried my new S7 Edge still nothing.
Turned the P3 off and found the transmitter wouldnt power down.
Return to home button was making all the right noises etc.
Still couldnt power down the transmitter.
Turned the P3 back on with brother holding it above his head. All controls working fine. P3 starts fine gimbal levels out and all flight controls working.
I think maybe the USB port on the controller isn't working properly. The new version of DJI GO on my S7 Edge just says Inspire1 it doesnt seem to see it as a Phantom 3 even.
Any ideas???
Transmitter seems to power off ok ish now just takes a while longer than usual.

if you have new dji go app then you need to upgrade everything else

Your app likely updated and need the new firmware to talked to p3.

or uninstall go app and reinstall previous version.

But you will have to set your device auto update to off or it will happen again.

Here is a way out there guess. Props off. Power everything up (do not start motors) and just leave it alone for a while. Maybe it can sort itself out.
I would make sure everything is fully charged first and your device is set for auto update off. Maybe even put it on airplane mode.

You could also try wiggling those connectors on the gimbal. Maybe something developed a bad connection.

Also does it connect to the correct bird?

What about pairing the transmitter and bird?

If I start mine in order Control, then app. Tablet shows inspire1.
Then I power up bird. Tablet shows Professional. Wait 5-10 seconds it shows Advanced (Mine is P3a)

So I guess what I am trying to say is it recognizes the correct bird. What happens with you?

What about the sensor screen. Does it show data. As far as I know it gets that data from the bird.
Just trying to establish if it is just camera.

Okay. You asked for ideas. You may have tried them all already.

I always put my device into aircraft mode. Having said that my Galaxy S5 is no longer connected to the network as I have a new S7 Edge.
It doesnt recognize the bird at all on either device! The transmitter talks fine to the bird though - all controls work but I did NOT risk flight!

The default value for DJI go for old version was Inspire 1 and new version is Phantom 4.

Your app is not connecting to RC thru USB port thus displaying the default value. I see problem in connecting tablet to RC. It has been reported that USB port soldering is weak, may be you stored RC with cable connected and an external pressure there broke USB.

The default value for DJI go for old version was Inspire 1 and new version is Phantom 4.

Your app is not connecting to RC thru USB port thus displaying the default value. I see problem in connecting tablet to RC. It has been reported that USB port soldering is weak, may be you stored RC with cable connected and an external pressure there broke USB.

Thanks for that I suspected something similar.
I DO get the noise when I plug the lead into my phone to show the phone is connected to USB but that doesnt mean all the connections are working.
Forgive me for being stupid but can I connect using wifi instead? I have always just used USB in the past.

Thanks for that I suspected something similar.
I DO get the noise when I plug the lead into my phone to show the phone is connected to USB but that doesnt mean all the connections are working.
Forgive me for being stupid but can I connect using wifi instead? I have always just used USB in the past.
I have the same problem did you find the answer? Thanks

My controller was faulty. USb had gone - no warning or anything. Common on the 300A. I was able to swap it for a 300C but I said no the range is not as good. The store had some old stock 300Bs so I had one of those. Works perfectly and my range went from 10,500ft to 15000 or more!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic