Strange P3A gps condition.

Reaction score
Hi Today when I was flying the P3A at 88 meters directly above me I got a notification "safe to fly(no gps)" while I had locked to 13 sats. Warning flashed 2-3 times for a couple of seconds and then the rest of the flight went without incident. During the whole time I had full rc signal and video signal and from 10 to 14 satellites locked.
K index was 3 today.
Any ideas will be greatlly appreciated.
Tassos

Antennas need to be postitioned in the flat (horizontal to the controller) and outward position when the drone is directly above one for best possible signal . Its in the manual.

I am guessing your sat. strength dip down to 3 bars. See it happen to me before. Mine never appeared to have left gps mode tho.

Well i did not had a lost signal warning......
Nope. No lost signal. Don't know why it happened. Just happen to have screen capture. Give me a sec.

Yeap exactly the same thing, 13 sats but bars went down to 3......... What is this?

I think BDOG is right. I was over the house next door when it happened. So very close to overhead. Odd part is both rc and HD signals are full.

Can't be right, we are talking about gps, has nothing to do with rc signal.... I never lost video or RC for a sec, I was just flying like ATTI and not gps......

We are saying the same thing. RC and HD signal 5 bars. The times I have noticed this are when I am coming back home, up high. 200ft or so.
Sometimes I don't notice until after as when it is that close I am looking directly at the P3 for landing. Not at the screen.
It has never made any difference to the control of the AC.

Were you standing right next to something big. Like a house when this happened? In my case I might have been.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20