Strange Message

Reaction score
I am hoping someone out there can help me understand a message I received this morning. I was flying my P3A using the DJI GO app. I was approximately 17 minutes in and my battery was getting low, and I was heading home. Suddenly, a message popped up that I have never seen. It was a yes or no message box, and I can't remember the whole message. As I said, my battery was low and I needed to hurry down, so I did not have time to memorize or analyze it. What I do remember was: "....wants to connect to DJI C1. Yes or No". I tapped no, continued to home, then it popped up again. I tapped no and finished the flight.

I played back the flight in the DJI GO app, and the message does not pop up. I loaded the log into Healthy Drones, and there is no notification for the message, and my signal strength was green the entire flight. I never lost connection, and I did not notice any strange flight activity.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

"....wants to connect to DJI C1. Yes or No"

That is a strange message and haven't seen it before either. Sounds to me like you were possibly loosing connection between the Phantom and the controller since the battery was so low. Just thinking out loud considering the C1 and C2 buttons on the controller and low battery level. Unless someone else wanted you to connect with them as to flying - I don't know however if that's even a possibility yet? Will be interesting to follow this thread however.

I read somewhere that this is a glitch to do with iOS10. Assuming you're using iOS10? Happens when the C1-C2 buttons are pressed or something?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I read somewhere that this is a glitch to do with iOS10. Assuming you're using iOS10? Happens when the C1-C2 buttons are pressed or something?

Yes indeed, I have seen a few comments saying it is the IOS recent upgrade, I assume you are using an IOS device. Just have to ignore it or wait until it is corected. You can test it by trying the C1/2 buttons.
I think it might just be the C1 button, in which case you can re-assign C2 to the gimbal point down mode.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I am on IOS 10, and this was my first long flight since updating the tablet. A minor inconvenience as long as it is just an erroneous message.

I confirm it depends on IOS 10, when you press C1 it asks for an authorisation, probably a kind of faulty security verification. I flew without any problems or messages, updated to IOS 10 while recharging P3 battery and following flight I got the message.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think I got the message quite a long while ago and I've stuck to ios 9.1. It stopped happening over time. Haven't had it since one time or two. Weird things come and go such as this, the poor channel reception message that shows up after an update but fades away over time, and even just the mysterious ios compass calibration that pops up whenever it feels like it when you open up the dji and just kinda stops happening over time. I don't restart my air 2 often, only when map loading becomes hopelessly stuck in the dji app. It's usually upon restart that stuff pops up and then disappears shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the replies. I flew this morning with no messages. Of course when I landed, I found a frame crack for the fourth time,and after only eleven flights. By the time DJI's fantastic customer services repairs it, we will have had a couple of DJI GO updates and the message will never come up again.

does anyone know if the recent ios 10 update fixed this issue?

haven't upgraded yet due to fear of bugs

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl