Strange Live Video Feed Problem P3S

Reaction score
Hello, I looked all over the forums and couldn't find anyone with this problem. Obviously from the title my live video feed is not working, but it is different than what everyone else seems to have (from what I've read). I have had my P3S for about 2 months now and it has worked flawlessly since. However, I wanted to use a tablet rather than a phone as it is larger and my fingers aren't blocking the screen as much. So I hook up my tablet and everything is working except for the live video feed, just a black screen. When I switch back over to my phone, the video feed comes back on. I say it is different from most because it works on one device but not another. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Jellybean and the tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" also running Jellybean. I only use the phone for the phantom thus it is never connected directly to the internet so I may have a later version of the go app on there. I have contacted DJI via email but they haven't responded yet. Let me know if there is a forum with this problem being discussed. Thanks in advance!

-Ethan

Screenshot_2016-03-29-18-12-39.png

Did you try turning off local caching on tablet?

Added, if you take a picture, can you then see the picture when you bring up your flight log?
and can you play back a flight log?

tablet might not work with phantom

Did you try turning off local caching on tablet?

Added, if you take a picture, can you then see the picture when you bring up your flight log?
and can you play back a flight log?
I don't know what local caching is but yes I can take and see pictures and videos on the card but can't see what I am taking.

Assuming the tablet is one that's in the supported devices list.
I have personally witness several app uninstall / reinstall operations fail, including the Go app, when just simply uninstalling, then reinstalling the app.
Then had success by:
Before uninstall, go to app manager and clear the app cache (do not clear app data, unless you have no important stuff like flight logs etc.)
Uninstall app
Shut down device and leave off for a minute or two
Restart device
Reinstall app

Like I said, I've had 3 problem apps in the past including Go, where the simple uninstall /reinstall did squat, but after following the above, succeeded

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you play back a flight log and you took pictures you can view those pictures. I didn't mean anything to do with the SD card.

I don't know what local caching is but yes I can take and see pictures and videos on the card but can't see what I am taking.

Its somewhere in the settings for DJI Go.
Your mobile device caches video while you are flying.

Look at Mobile Device Fixes
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Then there might be a issue with your wifi board
I wouldn't think so if it works on his phone.

Added: And he is getting his data to the screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4