Strange Horrible Sound @ Startup

Reaction score
Sorry about it, feel for you because I had similar craziness something like half year ago.
You have to go back to your previous version.
I learned from a YouTube video how to do it, although I don't right now which one was it.
I had to use a program CCleaner, only after that the older version would install.

Previous version of what?

It flies just fine. I just don't know if I should be concerned about that noise. Like I said it only appears to happen when I shutoff and reboot the Phantom quickly.

Does this occur for anyone else?

You said it only happens when you power off and back quickly, I guess it did not have a chance to completely shut down.
If you can avoid this by waiting after shut down seems like you already find the solution. In my case it happened every time, so it might be was different.

Lithium12.6 said:
DJI Phantom Assistant -> Upgrade Firmware

If you touch the gimbal motor I bet they are hot, that can not be good.
Hope other people have input too.

It is not the gimbal. It is one of the motors that is making the noise. Take a look at the LEDs. All four will lightup on the first startup but only three lightup on the seconds startup. That's the motor that makes the noise.

Lithium12.6 said:
You said it only happens when you power off and back quickly, I guess it did not have a chance to completely shut down.
If you can avoid this by waiting after shut down seems like you already find the solution. In my case it happened every time, so it might be was different.

Yes I agree but since it is affecting the motors I don't know if I need to be concerned.

Referring to the schematic of the Phantom board in this post: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252, it looks like there is a delay of the power to the Zenmuse. You may have seen what happens when the Zenmuse is powered early. Probably no damage, but why would you want to restart the Phantom so quickly?

SteveMann said:
Probably no damage, but why would you want to restart the Phantom so quickly?

Because I saw it once when i did a firmware update and I was trying to recreate the problem to figure out what if anything is wrong. It always seems to be the same propeller/motor that has the issue.

For some reason I thought it was the Zen that was making the noise.

Referring to the schematic of the Phantom board in this post: WIP Phantom 2 PCBs, Schematics and Info | DJI Phantom Forum, it looks like there is a delay of the power to the Zenmuse. You may have seen what happens when the Zenmuse is powered early. Probably no damage, but why would you want to restart the Phantom so quickly?

"Yes, I am arrogant. And I am usually right."

In my case, it's, " I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I don't have any faults".

"Yes, I am arrogant. And I am usually right."

In my case, it's, " I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I don't have any faults".
Check out this video. I noticed this first when I updated firmware and did a quick reboot of the Phantom. Seems to only happen when I power off and back on quickly.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Also, How do you youtube? This isn't working for me How do I embed a YouTube video? Never mind got it.

A kind person on this forum guided me to the following site that is easier than trying to find help directly from YouTube
Use your browser search engine and search on "Yahoo video search" once you get to this new search engine describe your problem in the search box and go. There will be a lot of videos that somehow relate to you's or related problems and shows you how to fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj