Strange Ground Station Behavior

Reaction score
I've searched through many threads dealing with Ground Station and can't find anything related to what I've been experiencing. I apologize if I missed this issue elsewhere.

I have confirmed all firmware / software is up to date in both the vision and my Android.
I fly in NAZA mode - GPS. Compass calibrated.

I can configure Ground Station fine, and the Phantom will fly the flight plan exactly as programmed. However, during the flight, two things happen. First, several times during the flight, the Ground Station app will display a message saying it is uploading waypoint data to the Phantom, and it lists the waypoint numbers it's uploading one after the other until all are uploaded. It doesn't take long to do this either (seconds).

The second thing that happens is when the Phantom reaches a waypoint, It stops, rotates to the direction of the next waypoint, rotates back to the direction is was heading, then rotates back to the next waypoint direction and proceeds to the next waypoint. It does this for every waypoint.

I have a friend who flies his Phantom with me and his does not behave like mine does. No waypoint update or rotation.

Any ideas? - Thanks in advance.

My P2V will do the double rotation you describe if the direction to the next waypoint is a very acute angle from the previous direction of travel. In other words, if close to 180° turn. If I make gentler turns, such as 90°, the Phantom simply rotates once toward the new direction and proceeds.

Interesting. I think I might have the exact same problem. I've just looked at every video I've taken during a Ground Station flight and the angles for each waypoint were greater than 90 degrees.

Next flight I'll be sure to keep the angles below 90 to see how the Phantom behaves.

I'll have to check with my buddy to see what his angles were.

Thanks for the input.

I am "the friend" (hi jim). In looking at my video (with Flytrex data mapped to Dashware), I also had a couple of occurrences of this phenomena. My flight had 14 waypoints with minimum turns of about 15° to maximum turns of about 160°, with turns both to the right and left. The occurrences were at the 2nd turn to the left of about 110° and the 12th turn to the right at 135°. With those stats I would say it is random for me, although for you Jim it always occurs. I had a minimum of 11 satellites during the entire flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31