Strange Gimbal Gyroscope Error - But only sporadically

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have been flying my Phantom 3 Standard for about five months now and love it. It's always performed beautifully for me. However, last week, I encountered a new problem that I can't seem to shake.

After several successful flights just the day before, I took it out for a flight at the beach and when I powered on the bird, I noticed the gimbal remained limp; it didn't do the usual little startup 'dance'. The error message on the tablet indicated a "Gimbal Gyroscope Error" and that service was needed.

Sad, I packed it back up and took it home. However, later in the day, I brought it out to try again. After several restarts, on the fourth or fifth start, it started up normally! I was able to successfully fly and record on Independence Day.

The problem continues though. Whenever I want to fly, I have to restart / shutdown / restart the bird several times before it ultimately starts up successfully. Once this weekend, I had to do this about a dozen times before the gimbal responded normally.

Short of mailing this thing in to Phantom, are there any fixes I can attempt on my own? I'm not super-savvy with electronics, but I'm not afraid to dig into it if someone can point me to some specific areas to address.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Great - I'll run all the calibration routines again.

Are there any diagrams or websites that would show photos of the cables to check?

Thanks!

Seems to be a loose gimbal cable.

You can get a good view of all connectors and cables if you watch a how to repair a DJI Gimbal video. Google and you will find several. You won't be able to access all connectors without rebuilding it, but if you have a damaged cable you will be looking towards these self help videos anyway.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good Morning,

I have been flying my Phantom 3 Standard for about five months now and love it. It's always performed beautifully for me. However, last week, I encountered a new problem that I can't seem to shake.

After several successful flights just the day before, I took it out for a flight at the beach and when I powered on the bird, I noticed the gimbal remained limp; it didn't do the usual little startup 'dance'. The error message on the tablet indicated a "Gimbal Gyroscope Error" and that service was needed.

Sad, I packed it back up and took it home. However, later in the day, I brought it out to try again. After several restarts, on the fourth or fifth start, it started up normally! I was able to successfully fly and record on Independence Day.

The problem continues though. Whenever I want to fly, I have to restart / shutdown / restart the bird several times before it ultimately starts up successfully. Once this weekend, I had to do this about a dozen times before the gimbal responded normally.

Short of mailing this thing in to Phantom, are there any fixes I can attempt on my own? I'm not super-savvy with electronics, but I'm not afraid to dig into it if someone can point me to some specific areas to address.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

No se vuelva loco, el problema es el cable flex. Hay que cambiar el cable flex. No se preocupe si el cable de reemplazo es original o no, verifique que tenga el mismo número. El número está impreso en el cable con letras color blanco.

Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
Saludos cordiales.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl