Strange ESC error ... new information

Reaction score
I posted this post earlier for background:

But since then I have some additional information that I'd appreciate any quick input as I'm planning on purchasing a new motherboard tomorrow based on my conclusions. If anybody has any other thoughts that this may NOT be the problem, I'd appreciate it.

I happened to be in Johannesburg, SA at the end of last week and was able to pick up some parts to try and now have some additional information:

1) I swapped out what I thought was my "bad" motor ... let's call it position 1 with the motor that was working in position 3
2) Now the "bad" motor is working in position 3 and the "good" motor is not working in position 1.

Thus, it's the position of the motor and not the motor itself. Unfortunately, I bought 3 new motors believing it was a bad motor and I wanted some spares.

However, it's still beeping as previously, through the motor that is not turning ... but through a "good" motor but in the same position ... position 1.

I have since made a video to show the results, uploaded it to youtube, and here it is - any thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Motor controller (ESC) is faulty. If in warranty, DJI should replace it free.

Hey Bob,

After all my new data - are you in agreement that is just about has to be the main board? I'm about to buy one this week and don't really see what else it could be ... do you concur?
I think you have exhausted the possibilities -- that would be the next logical step.

Hi Mark, did you land up replacing the main board? I am having similar issues in JHB.....
Mike

Yes, I bought a new board, installed it along with new motors ... and it still didn't work. I'm back in the States now and brought it with me to have it worked on but nobody had any idea what the issue was.

It's a long story but I ended up buying a new P3P, pulling off the camera/gimbal for one unit and the motherboard and motors for my 2nd drone and now have 2 working drones, a P3P and a P3A.

Also ended up with everything else off of the new P3P that was left - EVERYTHING except the camera and the motherboard. All brand new parts. When I get back to Africa next week I'm going to put the remaining parts up for sale. I'm also going to see if there is any kind of a warranty on the motherboard I purchased from the authorized dealer. It never did work and has 0 flights on it.

Let me know if you're looking for other parts. I land in JHB on Monday.

Thanks Mark!
Struggled and struggled to fly yesterday afternoon, no luck, continual ESC error message. This morning, started it up ABSOLUTELY 1st time, no error, flew great...
Just cannot fathom it!
I have insured the unit, but right now I don't know if there IS a real issue and whether it should be a DJI issue, a Drone World issue, or an insurance issue!!

Just let me know - I'm probably bringing back a bunch of spare parts with me ... all are brand new. Will probably try to sell them on the internet somehow. What's the best site in SA to sell stuff (like eBay in the States)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan