Strange changes to map replay after iOS 9.0

Too many glitches caused by ios 9 in the GoApp.. I downgraded my mini2 back to ios8. Now the flight recorder displays correctly again and lag is gone

Same ,
Did fantastic POI and combo flight however playback red arrow just twists and turns,weird.

Too many glitches caused by ios 9 in the GoApp.. I downgraded my mini2 back to ios8. Now the flight recorder displays correctly again and lag is gone
Is it possible to go to 8.4 from 8.3 and not directly to iOS 9?

Maybe dji intended it to be like this way now..
I very much doubt that this has anything to do with DJI rather than iOS 9.0. Having the craft follow the flight path either in real time or speeded up, as has been the case hitherto, must surely be what DJi meant to continue.

Mine is doing the same, but I'm on 8.3 iPad Air 2. Although I have used iOS 9 with my mini 2.
That's odd. My iPad Air 2 is still on 8.4.1 and everything still works as it should, but not on either my Mini 2, nor my iPhone 6+, after upgrading both of them to iOS 9.0.

Were you wifi connected to the internet on the Air 2? My Air 2 initially showed Map Loading for every flight log, but immediately thereafter started adding the locations back in, and the arrow still moves along the path, when replaying any flight. On the other hand, I have not flown any flights with either iOS 9 device, but all 3 are fully synced with the Flight Logs from the Air 2.

Doh, sorry about that. I mis-read or interpreted the post.

Ok, ya I see the issue now. If you get the "Maps Reloading" issue just close and restart the App. The craft location not moving issue I see is still a problem. Tracking does show the movement though as the gray line becomes yellow. But ya, one of those things you would think DJi would have caught as I'm sure they were beta testing iOS 9?
I can confirm that closing and reopening the DJI GO app on iOS 9 devices restores the location info to the Flight Logs. Good catch. Thank you!:cool:

Same here. Also, it lost the location of all of my flights. Just says Loading Maps, whereas it use to have the location for every flight.
Close and reopen the DJI GO app. It will restore the location info.:cool:
Arrow still is tethered to the launch point, but at least now we can quickly locate our prior flights based upon location!

iOS 9.0.1 is out, anyone tried it yet? Wonder if it may have solved this issue.

iOS 9.0.1 is out, anyone tried it yet? Wonder if it may have solved this issue.
I just took the plunge and updated both my my Mini 2 and iPhone 6+ from iOS 9.0 to the newest 9.0.1 . No change to the DJI GO app flight replay on either device. Red arrow still stays anchored at the launch site. :cool: However, my iPad Air 2 still running on iOS 8.4.1 still works perfectly, and syncs the flight records to the other two devices. On the Air 2, the red arrow leads the flight path. On the others, it stays anchored at the Home Point.

Last edited:
I bought an ipad mini 2 specifically for my PayPal advanced. I had intended to deliberately not upgrade to ios 9 until this issue is resolved. It arrived with a version of ios that wouldn't allow me to download dji go. So, I was forced to upgrade just to get the app. At first I just had the issue of some pixelization in the screen view with occasional freezing for very brief moments. Then, on my sixth flight with my new quad at an altitude of about 150 feet, my controller announced in a very cheerful voice that my quadcopter was now in atti mode! I checked, and it was still in "p". The bad thing was, it had nosed over and was heading away from me at top speed! And...I had no response from the control sticks! As a last resort I pressed the return to home button. The quad stopped, did an about face and came back. Long story short, I will use my S6 edge until this bug is fixed!

I fly nearly every day, Phantom 3 Pro, iPad Air 2 Cellular. All up to date firmware, Go app and iOS 9.0.2. Never had a problem or concern ever, not once. It has been everything that @dji had promised and in actual fact I think it improved with every recent new update and app sequence. Nothing but praise here, for @dji and Apple, for their continuing efforts to improve their already awesome and reliable products.
Just great flying experiences here. Very happy, & I am a guaranteed repeat customer.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie